Snapshot restore not working properly

Hi - we are having a problem where snapshots are not restoring properly and are throwing an odd database error:

"Error: Unable to locate table restore file from archive: srvr_176_links.sql"

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Johnol!

Switch to ZipArchive compression, rather than PCI, and you should be fine here. (see my screenshot) Take a fresh Snapshot of your original site, with Zip compression active, and then re-import.

This has worked for several other members who were seeing a similar failure on Snapshot restore.

Thanks!

• johnol
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Followed your instructions. Still running into this issue with the latest version of Snapshot where the snapshot fails on the first execution:

table_data not set. This normally means that PHP on your server is not properly setup to handle _SESSION. Check with your hosting company.

When I re-run it - completes without error...

Likewise, I continue to have the issue where when I click on "restore" the file is listed but does not offer a restore option. (See attached.)

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @johnol, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'd like to see that video you mentioned before, as well as do some deeper investigation, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password)
    - Include a link to the video you mentioned, describing the issue in detail
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.