Snapshot restore stuck

I have been having trouble with this site which is hosted with Dreamhost. Last night it was moved to a VPS, so in theory its faster. They claimed that Snapshot and WPMU were using up considerable memory, plus some other plugins.

In the changes that took place yesterday, I lost all of my widget set up, which with the GeoDirectory plugin I was using, made up most of the design of the site. About 30 minutes ago, after downloading the most recent snapshots prior to today, I went to restore from last week's back up. It has now been stuck on the 6th row (out of 24 or so) for about 15 minutes. I am scared to click out of that page, so I don't want to screw up the whole site - but when I check the site, I can see that it hasn't been restore (thinking maybe it was happening in the background) and it hasn't. I'm really not sure what to do...any help or suggestions would be great. And the sooner the better, thank you!!!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Caroline,

What exact row it is stuck? Database table or files? It can take few more minutes when it comes to files. But when it stuck that can be problem with memory limit.
    Do you have by any chance enabled debug mode in your WordPress? Then we could check debug.log file and see if there is any error there that would explain that restoring is stuck.
    If its stuck on the database tables that its possible that site options settings are not restored so that why you don't see any changes at all.

Check in wp-content directory if there is debug.log file - if there is upload it to the dropbox like service and past link here.
    Also would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia