Snapshot Restore to New Site

Trying to restore a file from 1 WP installation to another - 1st time I've had a problem - this is the error message I receive when trying to restore: Unable to locate table restore file from archive: wpoi_commentmeta.sql.
When I go to Restore on new site, it does say "archives pending"???
What can I do?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jean,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'd like to take a closer look at your setup so would you mind granting me a support access to your site? Here's a guide on how can this be done:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

It would also be great if you could provide me with a step by step description on what did you exactly do after you created snapshot archive (something in style of "1. I downloaded this file 2. I uploaded it to this and this folder 3. I clicked here and here and got this message" etc would be extremely helpful).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jean McLain

Adam,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I found a solution.
    Wanted to add this for anyone else experiencing this problem/error.
    I've used Snapshot to move development site to live site many times - first time I've had a problem.
    Fix: Check Snapshot Settings - "Compression Option" bottom of page - changed it from PclZip (default) to ZipArchive and it worked.
    Also, depending on your hosting account, you may run out of "available space" and it will effect backups/theme additions/plugins, etc. (i.e. backups/snapshots will be incomplete - may not be able to add new themes/plugins, etc) ask hosting provider for more space.
    Might add something to Snapshot "Usage" to "consider" the ZipArchive option since PclZip is the default.
    Hope this helps others

• Milan

Thanks Jean McLain

It'll certainly help other who will face this issue by any chance. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for sharing your solution with us. We appreciate your this effort.

Now as this thread is also reached to its conclusion, I am marking it resolved. Please note that you do not need to reply me back here anymore. In case if your issue comes up again, you are free to reopen this. For your all other queries, we are waiting at our support forum. :wink:

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.