Snapshot saving multiple backups per day even if it's set to once a day

Hey guys,

the title says it all. I’ve set up snapshot to run one backup daily and keep 14 of them on my server. As a destination i set up dropbox and for some reason it saves multiple backups per day. I have that issue on 2 of my sites. Others work just fine and i don’t see any difference in configuration.

Also, what’s the difference between “once daily” and “daily managed snapshot” at the backup interval? There’s also an option that says “managed backup processing” – can you clarify what these options stand for?

Thanks!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi David ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Weird issue, if you choose the option “once daily”, it’s supposed to save only one backup per day and keep 14 files on the server.

We would like to investigate this further, so, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don’t already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Also, what’s the difference between “once daily” and “daily managed snapshot” at the backup interval? There’s also an option that says “managed backup processing” – can you clarify what these options stand for?

The difference between “Once daily” and “Daily Managed snapshot” is that we can configure the scheduled backup time or when the snapshot should run, so the cron will be executed on the “Start Backup” time.

On the “Daily Managed Snapshot” there is no option to set the backup time, the time will be decided by the plugin once you create a managed snapshot.

However, I have some doubts related to the “Managed Backup Processing” option, so, I pinged the developer to get his valuable feedback. I will update this topic once I got a reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi David ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Just a note regarding to the options you mentioned in the backup interval:

– Managed Backup Processing;

– Daily Managed snapshot;

– Weekly Managed snapshot;

– Monthly Managed snapshot;

These options are related to the Managed Backups (Snapshot -> Managed Backups) and they are not supposed to be there. So, this is a bug, our developers are aware and this will be removed/fixed in the next release.

Regarding to the issue you mentioned, I checked your site and the log only shows the number of complete backups (12) and they were made and sent to Dropbox once daily.

Have you multiple sites saving the backups on Dropbox, or in the same folder? Just to make sure the backup files are coming from this site.

Cheers, Luís

• MapSteps
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Luís,

it seems the issue disappeared after i went through the settings again and saved it. It still exists on one of my multisite installations. Not sure if you can see it, but i granted you access.

i thought i got it working there too, but i didn't.

Best,

David

• Luís
    • Support

Hi David ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I already pinged our developers to get their valuable feedback on this issue. However, if you don’t mind, can you please send us the FTP details of your website, so we can investigate futher? If yes, please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Luis Lopes”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Login url

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.