Snapshot Settings not updating

Hello,

I am trying to install Snapshot Pro but the settings will not update. The Current folder will not change from /.

Server Info
The following table shows version information about your server. When contacting support it might be helpful to provide this information along with your specific issues.

WordPress Version 4.1.1
PHP Version 5.3.28
MySQL Version 5.5.32
Is Multisite Yes, Number of Sites: 35
WP_CRON Snapshot uses WP_CRON to run automated backups. If you have disabled WP_CRON via your wp-config.php you will not be able to schedule snapshots.
WP_CRON Enabled.
WP_CRON Lock timeout: 60
Folder Permissions Missing Folder –
Missing Folder –
Missing Folder –
Missing Folder –
Missing Folder –

Thankyou for your assistance!
Patricia

• Michelle Shull

Hello there, FINCA INTERNATIONAL INC, and welcome to WPMU DEV!

What are you trying to name your directory here? If it's a directory name that already exists on your site, it won't allow you to use an existing folder. There's also a chance that the permissions on your uploads folder won't allow you to add a new directory.

Can you open your site in FTP, and navigate to the uploads folder in wp-content? Right click the folder and choose "permissions." What number is displayed there, under the checkboxes? If it's anything other than 755, enter that number, and check the option that lets you apply the change recursively, which means it will apply to all sub-directories in the uploads folder. Give it a few minutes to apply the change, especially if you have a large uploads folder on your site.

Now try renaming your snapshot folder. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks for your question!

• FINCA INTERNATIONAL INC

Hi Michelle,

I have done what you suggested even set the uploads folder (briefly) to 777. When selecting Save Settings button, it gives the message "Settings Saved" but the Current folder never changes from "/".

I have a multisite setup and my network blog is in /wp-content/blogs.dir/1

I have tried creating the folder in both /wp-content/uploads/snapshots, and /wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/snapshot

Thanks!

Here is a copy of an error

Warning: rename(/,/home/finca276/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/ss) [function.rename]: Device or resource busy in /home/finca276/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/snapshot.php on line 1783

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/finca276/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/snapshot.php:1783) in /home/finca276/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

Hi,

Researching the code, the function set_backup_folder() never executes, which would be the problem that the directory never changes from '/'.

Also the Destinations page is giving the error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/finca276/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/snapshot_admin_destinations_lib.php on line 115

Would it be possible to work with the developer at Incsub?

Best Regards,
    Patricia

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @FINCA INTERNATIONAL INC,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

The function set_backup_folder executed when plugin activate or deactivate. I think the issue is because when plugin activated, it's trying to locate the backup folder, but got permission issue. So it fallback to the root /, which will prevent the plugin to do anything else.

I will need more information for further debug, Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.