Snapshot Table Error Stops Backup

Hello,

Just testing out Snapshot and when it hits this table, it stops with the following error message:

ERROR: Snapshot encounters a mismatch on the backup of table [wp_useronline] segment.
number_rows_segment=[24] rows_end=[26]

Running a repair on the table made no difference.

What exactly is this error message telling me?

That table is for plugin UserOnline and the table is updated very often and in real-time by site visitors. Should that matter? Does the site need to be in maintenance mode before running snapshot?

Any insight appreciated.

Phil D

• Paul

@SooBahkDo, In a word yes Snapshot keeps track of the tables and rows at the first part of the archive. Then compares the number of rows as each table is extracted. So if the table rows change during the process it aborts.

You don't really need to set the site in maintenance mode. I'm working on a fix for this. Seems the wp_options table is causing the same issue for some sites. For now would it matter if you excluded this table from the backup?

• SooBahkDo

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the response.

No, it would not matter about excluding that table.

Perhaps adding an "Exclude Table" button to appear at the same time the "Abort" button appears would let a user exclude any table that might be giving them trouble on the fly without aborting a backup that is underway. Just a thought.

Also, how do I set a backup that includes every site on the installation. On my first very quick glance thru it appears that is not an option or I missed something. ??

Thanks,
    Phil D

• Paul

Perhaps adding an "Exclude Table" button to appear at the same time the "Abort" button appears would let a user exclude any table that might be giving them trouble on the fly without aborting a backup that is underway. Just a thought.

Thanks for the thought. Yeah, I agree an abort would work but most tables are so small you would need to be fairly quick. I'm working on some enhancements to the Restore screen. With the ability to pick and choose restore items. For example being able to restore selective tables only instead of everything. Same for files.

Also, how do I set a backup that includes every site on the installation. On my first very quick glance thru it appears that is not an option or I missed something. ??

No, your not missing anything. We purposely did not intend to have a full backup tool like some other plugin. The thought here was Snapshot would be used to backup individual sites within Multisite. That being said we missed the idea of providing some way to automate the backup or all the sites within a Multisite system. This is coming. You will be able to define a set of default options for all your sites. Something like backup all tables and media files once a week. So new sites added will automatically follow this. Then for 'special' sites you can setup a specific backup option like All table and all fils one a day. Along with that we plan to add migration logic by end of November. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/was-wondering-if-snapshot-can-backup-from-one-server-and-then-be-restored-on-another-server

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.