Snapshot – third error set

Lots of errors for a $19 plugin…

2012-10-31 22:46:17: Destination: dropbox: My Dropbox

2012-10-31 22:46:17: Sending to Dropbox Directory:disappointed:

2012-10-31 22:46:17: putFile file success: snapshot-1351637065-121031-224617-92194643.zip

2012-10-31 22:46:17: ERROR: Unknown: errno:2048 Only variables should be passed by reference /home/mysitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/dropbox/includes/PEAR_Includes/HTTP/OAuth/Signature/Common.php on line 58

… this on upload.

Running:

Akismet

BuddyPress

Hello Dolly

Password Protected

Snapshot

The free equivalent plugin Backwpup doesn’t fling errors on upload. It just doesn’t have restore-from-Dropbox functionality. That’s why I purchased Snapshot.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@robert_andrews, Thanks for brining this up. This is a known reported issue and related to the Dropbox API PHP library we are using. The original developer had promised a patch some time ago. So this thread is a reminder that I need to followup with the Dropbox developer. BTW this is an ERROR only from Snapshots perspective. See the part of the line ‘Unknown’. This is the type of error from PHP. Snapshot just marks it as an ERROR to raise the visibility because the type is not known as Error, Warning or Notice like normal PHP errors.

One of the reasons Snapshot shows errors like this is that we have made it super sensitive to even the littlest PHP Error, Warning or Notices.

As far as the comparison to Backwpup Thanks. sure you don’t see these errors. For Dropbox the developer of that plugin wrote his own API using raw curl calls. As opposed to what we did and user a supported library.

One thing to remember is (unless I’m confused). All the plugins and themes here on WPMU DEV are free. What you are paying for. Or should be stated what you are getting for you membership money is support.

And to be clear Snapshot does not support restore from Dropbox. I don’t think that was stated anywhere in our documentation. This is planned for later this month.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.