Snapshot timesout on plugins only

I have snapshot set upon this site both for local backups and backups to Google Drive. My Database backup, content backup and themes backups will run. However, my plugins backup will not run and seems to Time out. What is odd is that the plugins are not the largest directory. Snapshot will will backup the content directory at over 700mb but the plugins with only 67mb won't. See screen capture. Somehow the backup ran September 6. But I can't get it to run again.

• Nahid

Hey Janna !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I have to admit something odd might be going on the site which is not letting Snapshot back your plugins up. This could be due to a many different reasons, for example, less server resources, incompatible PHP version, conflict with other plugins/theme and so on. I have the following suggestions for you:

1. Plugin/Theme Conflict Test: We have seen weirder issues in WordPress mostly due to conflicts between plugins and themes. Could you please run a plugin/theme conflict test so that we can make sure no plugins/theme is being the culprit? You can do so by following this handy flowchart.

2. Increase memory_limit and max_execution_time: Usually, bigger plugins have a large code-base. As a consequence, Snapshot requires more server resources while backing them up and might fail if it doesn't meet the requirements. Snapshot and other plugins mostly needs more PHP memory_limit and max_execution_time. We recommend a minimum value of 256M (more preferably 512M if possible) for the memory_limit and 300 (or as high as possible, could be 3000) for the max_execution_time. This guide can help you increase these limits or you might consider contacting your host for helping out with increasing them.

3. Enable Debugging: If a conflict test and increasing server resources doesn't solve the issue, enabling Debugging may help us reveal it's source. To enable debug, please take a look at this handy guide.
    Note: Please upload the generated debug.log file to a cloud storage service like Dropbox and share the link in your next response.

4. Snapshot Logs: Alike the default WordPress debugging, Snapshot gathers all the logs in it's own log files while backing up. The default location of the Snapshot logs is {your-WordPress-directory}/wp-content/uploads/snapshot/_logs. Please upload the respective Snapshot log file of the failed Snapshot backup attempt along with the WordPress debug file as explained in Point#3.

5. Enable Support Access and Provide Server Credentials: In order to take a more closer look into the issue, please grant Support Access through the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin following this handy guide. We might also need access to your server in order to get more information about it and might need to forward the credentials to the developers as well. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nahid Mohit"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Hope this helps. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.