Snapshot. Unable to restore backup on my new server

I try to restore a backup from HUB files. I tried to do this on my new server but got this error:

we could not locate your wp-config.php file

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marc,

Hope you’re doing well.

Are both small and large backup files giving you the same error?

Based on the error itself it seems like there’s an issue on your server side, it’s either that you don’t have ZIP archive enabled on your server so snapshot-installer is unable to unzip the file, or there’s a permission error with /tmp/ or /tmp/si_test/ folders so the installer is unable to write the temporary files needed for the restoration process.

Can you get in touch with your host about the above two issues and ask them to look into this for you?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Marc
    • New Recruit

Thank you

I did and I got the confimation:

zip/unzip is on our servers and /tmp has the correct rights.

[root@mc17y0707 ~]# which zip

/usr/bin/zip

[root@mc17y0707 ~]# which unzip

/usr/bin/unzip

[root@mc17y0707 ~]# ls -ald /tmp/

drwxrwxrwt. 287 root root 163840 19. Dez 13:29 /tmp/

What can I ask my hoster?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marc,

I tried restoring your smaller backup on my local installation and that worked fine, so the file itself is not corrupted or something like that and we need to look further into the server settings.

Can you tell me if the /tmp/ permissions are also applied to /tmp/si_test/ folder?

It seems like “t” at the end of drwxrwxrwt actually adds some file limitations for file owners only, can you check with your host about that?

I was also able to find a similar report that in the end, strangely enough, was related to the length of the cPanel account name.

It does sound strange but it might be worth a shot so could you check this explanation here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/getting-a-permission-deniedconfiguration-failed#post-1283846

Best regards,

Predrag

• Marc
    • New Recruit

I got this message here from my provider.

I just have no clue how I can change the folder name.

//

Since the / tmp directory is also used by other customers, we recommend that you use unique, randomly generated and sufficiently long folder names.//

Maybe I can change the directory in the snapshot php?

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marc,

That does help, I had a chat with the developers and they are looking into this now, at the moment there’s no way to change the temp folder but they are already working on changing this functionality in snapshot installer so instead of using a fixed temp folder name it would use current date or something like that which can provide unique name and go around this issue.

Hopefully we will have some additional info about this soon and I’ll try getting a beta for you before the public version is released.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.