[Snapshot] Unable to restore full_backup with snapshot-installer

I have a full_backup of my site that I’m trying to restore, but the snapshot-installer.php page displays the following error at the top of the screen:

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/tmp/si_test/snapshot_manifest.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/snapshot-installer.php on line 864

We’ve tried defining a new tmp folder in the same directory (using .user.ini) so Snapshot can access it, but can’t seem to get that to work. Also, it appears there might be an issue with the full_backup file itself. During a live chat session, Patrick tried to restore it to one of his test sites, but that failed as well with a 500 error, although other full_backup zips from other sites restored just fine.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gingernuts S.L.

I hope you’re fine today and thank you for reaching out to us.

The site is up and running now. Could you please double-check if it’s fine? Let me know here if so and you can also then delete the “full_backup-….zip” file from the /httpdocs folder there.

The issue here wasn’t actually a temp folder, which was accessible and writable but apparently there was some problem with PHP configuration, it looks like the installer simply wasn’t able to extract files from the backup archive due to either missing or faulty zip library.

To fix this, I’ve upgraded PHP version on the server (for this domain only) to a bit higher one and made sure that the configuration there meets Snapshot Installer requirements. Then I was able to restore the site using “snapshot-installer.php” file with no further errors and issues. Note please: since I didn’t have any db credentials to use for restoration, I have created a new database and a new database user via Pleask. You will find its credentials in the “wp-config.php” file of the site.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.