Snapshot will not back up

Can not get Snapshot to do a back up to Hub of my Multi site installation. Keep getting this:

Aw shucks, something went wrong :slight_frown: Instead of the beautiful response we expected, we got this: <empty response>

• Nithin

Hi bernie,

Sorry to know that you are having issues with the plugin, to troubleshoot this further, and to have a better idea about this issue, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi bernie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please enable debug mode, so that we could have a better understanding about this issue. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to take a new full backup. If the backup fails, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi bernie,

Unfortunately the debug logs doesn't give any clue regarding this error, to troubleshoot this further, could you please send us your credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi bernie,

Thank you for sending in the login credentials, I was able to log in, but I'm able to notice the following 504 Gateway timeout error when trying to browse through your pages, and also during troubleshooting it:

It seems like the issue is within the server side, could you please check this with your host, and see whether the server is having any issues with connection. Please let us know once the server is up/fixed, so that I could troubleshoot this issue further. Please advise, if I had missed out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi bernie,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and tried to create a managed backup for your site. It was going absolutely fine until your admin-ajax stopped responding. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I'm not exactly sure why all of a sudden it happened. I've checked your snapshot log, but no errors there. It was successfully fetching tables and processing backup chunk files and then when your server stopped responding for a moment, the backup process halted. I've added the last few lines from the snapshot log here:

[Queue][2017-01-08 09:32:57][Notice] Fetching table dez01_47_commentmeta (chunk 1)
    [snapshot][2017-01-08 09:32:57][Info] Successfully processed backup files chunk
    [Queue][2017-01-08 09:33:06][Notice] Fetching table dez01_47_comments (chunk 1)
    [snapshot][2017-01-08 09:33:06][Info] Successfully processed backup files chunk
    [Queue][2017-01-08 09:33:16][Notice] Fetching table dez01_47_links (chunk 1)
    [snapshot][2017-01-08 09:33:16][Info] Successfully processed backup files chunk
    [Queue][2017-01-08 09:33:25][Notice] Fetching table dez01_47_minification_chart (chunk 1)
    [snapshot][2017-01-08 09:33:25][Info] Successfully processed backup files chunk

As a quick workaround, can you please try increasing your server memory limit and try to run the backup again? To know how to do that, you can check this blog: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

You can also try reducing the file chunk size by adding the following define in your "wp-config.php" file and running the backup process again:
    if (!defined('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE')) define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    This will reduct your file chunk size, and thus will require less resource for each chunk. I believe this will help.

Please let us know how these go. If the issue stays even after trying all these, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.