Snapshot will not backup

The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.

Please contact the server administrator
and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.

Apache Server at ______ Port 80

This was the log file from Snapshot
[Cron][2016-11-01 18:05:32][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-01 18:36:01][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-01 19:35:54][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-01 20:36:06][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-01 20:36:17][Error] Error processing automatic backup: unknown:unknown
[Cron][2016-11-02 18:05:38][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-02 18:31:47][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-02 19:32:05][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-02 20:32:58][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
[Cron][2016-11-02 20:33:19][Error] Error processing automatic backup: unknown:unknown

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Mario,

I hope you are well today.

This error can sometimes occur when there are insufficient resources available to run the backup job. To be sure, I would need to know some more details about your configuration. In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Mario,

I've taken a good look at your site and checked your resources. I don't believe this is the issue. However I did notice you are getting some warnings about file permissions.

I went through and created a manual Snapshot using one of your existing Snapshot settings. I got as far as the Media Library then at 28% it timed out and kicked me out of the session. What I observed is that Snapshot is having a difficult time with the avatars that are in your uploads directory. This could be due to file permissions. This could be due to excessive folder depths. I'd have to see the permissions and structure to be sure.

Since it's unlikely that your avatars are going to change very often, could you try logging in via FTP and determining the path to your avatar directory, then excluding that directory from your Snapshot and try re-running your backup?

Please let us know how this test works out and whether you are able to successfully complete a backup after this change.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.