Snapshots are not importing - Manifest data error

When trying to import Snapshot from another site there is error "Error: Manifest data not found in archive".

Archive was created few times, during live chat we made sure that whole new snapshot is uploaded to new site, there was no errors during uploading (import shows correctly that s 1.6GB)

There is no errors during creation of the Snapshot.

Credentials to sites (source and destination) is chat

• Nithin

Hey Greg,

Hope you are doing good today.

Just to rule out whether the generated archive got corrupted, or not. I would like you to enable debug mode in both your website, so that we could have a better idea.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try create a new Snapshot, and then try import the new Snapshot into your destination website. Make sure you use FTP to upload the Snapshot archive file, if the import fails, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Would recommend you share us both the debug.log files of your website, so that we could have a better understand about what could be wrong here.

Please do let us know how that goes, and we'll make sure to get back to you asap. Have a nice weekend ahead.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Greg

Nithin You have direct access to do all that and what you need. You have the source and target sites full FTP credentials and the source and target WordPress direct logins too. Kasia Swiderska mentioned all the login credentials are in the associated live chat. I supplied all that login info already.

Please go ahead and do what you need to do.

Kasia Swiderska please show Nithin the login info he needs.

There is no need to go back and forth asking me to do things I do not think.

Can you please look at this asap as well? We really are under a time constraint and this has been going on for about 10 days or more now.

Greg

P.S. I believe Kasia Swiderska mentioned the credentials where all in the live chat too FYI in the original post near the bottom.

• Rupok

Hi Greg,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having

Previously we have found some users with the same problem when they created snapshots with description. Did you try creating a snapshot without adding any description to it and then restore? I'm really sorry if I'm missing anything here. Please pardon me and update.

Moreover, I can see that both of your snapshots in your source site is saved in Amazon. Can you please try saving them on your web server just to make sure if Amazon is not changing anything in the backup file? After saving the backup file on your web server, try to restore it again.

Please let us know the result of these. If nothing above help, we will be glad to investigate further.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Greg

Rupok

I have already tried direct server and amazon over 7 times each in all kinds of different combinations and methods each over the last 10 days.

Also, it saves on the server AND amazon too now anyway. However, it is still only saving the the server and not amazon FYI because I have the option set to retain a copy on the server and Amazon.

However, I have not tried not putting a description in though . . .

So, I just tried it without a description as well FYI.

See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/TPQ6I9jz (from source)

Trying to upload it to target still produces this:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/J9lVyTOb

Can you please dig into this and let me know ASAP?

I need this restored to the target site soon.

Please update me regularly in the next few hours etc. This is now getting most urgent (sorry) . . . cause if not, I need to go find some other solution that works ASAP.

Again, FYI:
    source site: http://bit.ly/2ondiHG
    target site: http://bit.ly/2o8baYg

Thanks all.

Greg