Snapshots not happening…. ??

Hi

I’ve set Snapshot Pro up with a Google Drive destination. The app settings seem correct, as do the archive instructions – but it’s still not happening.

I’ve enabled support access, could you take a look please and see if you can help?

Thanks very much

James.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey James,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and tried running a test snapshot however it seems to fail when it comes to Plugins folder.

However when I run only plugins to backup it finishes fine so I couldn’t pinpoint the exact cause for failing like this.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Run another full snapshot and once it fails it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.

Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello James!

I checked your site and I’d like you to try these two things before we go further:

1. Please go to the “Snapshot -> Destinations” page and edit your Google Drive destination. There’s no need to make any changes but just save everything again. It’s a last step that should be performed and the page says it hasn’t been completed.

If that doesn’t help, please

2. Remove that Google Drive destination and add it again (you may use the same Google app for this that you already created) but make sure that

– the Client ID and Client Secret (that one is especially important) does not include any spaces/blanks at the start and the end; for some reason when you copy&paste that strings from Google console, those empty characters are sometimes added and not properly stripped out.

– the last step that I mentioned in point 1 has also been completed

Let me know please if that worked for you!

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.