Snapshots won't link successfully to Dropbox account

I am trying to connect Snapshots to Dropbox, and am able to get as far as authorizing the connection and linking the app in my Dropbox account. However, when I return to the Add Snapshot Destination page, it asks me for a directory for storage of the snapshots but does not give me an option to save the form. See this screenshot of the page I get after successful linking: https://cloudup.com/cIIYl1Lhxa5

There is nowhere to go from here, so the setup is incomplete. Something is obviously missing here, so can I ask someone to look into it please?

• Rupok

Hi William Kowalski

Hope you had a wonderful day.

when I return to the Add Snapshot Destination page, it asks me for a directory for storage of the snapshots but does not give me an option to save the form

I tried to regenerate the issue on my site but I could not. I can see the Save button fine. So it doesn't seem to be a plugin bug, rather there is something on your site which might be causing this.

Can you check your browser console and see if you find any error there? Can you make a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let us know the result. If the reason is not identified after doing all these, or the issue is not resolved, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• William Kowalski

Hi Rupok

I tried this also in IE 11 (because I am at work and that is my only other option) and found the same error. I then checked for console errors in Chrome and didn't see any, except for a warning about insecure content that had to do with an image being called for a subdomain (I don't this that is relevant to this problem.) Unfortunately disabling plugins is very disruptive for the members of my network, so this is not a practical option for troubleshooting, even though I know it's really the ideal way to proceed.

I have been able to add other Snapshots destinations without this problem, by the way. I have two other destinations operational. So, whatever is preventing the Save button from appearing is somehow very specific to this situation.

I will grant you support access. Please let me know what you are able to discover.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello William,

Please enable debug mode on your WordPress - after that try again saving dropbox destination, hopefully this will show us error that is causing this behaviour. To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post (or upload to drobbox and past link here to file).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi William Kowalski

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for sharing this log data. This error is happening because you have another plugin activated which is connected to Dropbox - WordPress Backup to Dropbox. This *may* happen when dropbox gets multiple authorization request from same domain, I'm not sure though.

However, I disabled that plugin for couple of seconds and your save button was showing fine for Dropbox Destination. Please check the attached screenshot for reference. So disabling that plugin will fix this issue for you.

Can you please check and confirm?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok