So

So I am now about 3 months behind schedule with finishing a site.

I have been working in numerous threads here to get the Fixer Theme working.

Cant go over the past issues at this point to just get it to load, PLEASE PROVIDE a list of settings for coming users to set their WP settings for even beginning to work with this theme.

Now, I had an issue 1 month ago where finally the site started coming together and I had edited numerous versions where the save feature did not work properly even after editing post max sizes as per reqested by the theme.

Now I have added the Mapping plugin to get the site I built to a second cloned site because it wouldnt be mapped correctly to the first site. The second since used cloner to pull over the content but I had to delete it as it was also copying all the links over to the other site and this was a mess to even begin correcting.

Can we add a new template page yet or not? I am having to edit every single services page again and again. And even after I click to correct /services-brick-inner in a brand new created site. It allows me to add the "Men" the service page is supposed to be called yet the http://dadasd/doesntupdateto/men

Then the Site title is being corrected back to Services Brick Inner/ when I change it to MEN and I cant launch a site with the wrong site titles nor is it very convenient to keep having to manually change each menu and design page by page.

I want a simple services template page with my logo and the same menu, then I want to just be able to link those URLs from my front page service listings.

I have just deleted the entire site and thought this was an issue due to Cloner pulling set links that for some reason was not allowed to be changed. WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING???

PLEASE HELP.
Opening Support for looking into it.

The new one I am trying to edit is site NLDESIGN & its Supposed to look like NLD development, which I would love to be able to use but wont be allowed to be mapped with the Mapping Plugin installed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Nithin

Hi Mr Right Now,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Cant go over the past issues at this point to just get it to load, PLEASE PROVIDE a list of settings for coming users to set their WP settings for even beginning to work with this theme.

The theme has been tested, and should work fine with the default WP settings, most of the problems what arise with the theme are related to server specifications, there isn't any such specification that needs to be followed in the dashboard to get the theme working. Is there any issues that you are having related to this?

For getting started on how to use Upfront, you can check these links:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-basics/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-1-3/

Now I have added the Mapping plugin to get the site I built to a second cloned site because it wouldnt be mapped correctly to the first site. The second since used cloner to pull over the content but I had to delete it as it was also copying all the links over to the other site and this was a mess to even begin correcting.

You cannot map a mainsite, so, I'm afraid it's not possible. You can only map subsites. That's how Domain mapping, & multisite works in general. Mapping mainsite will cause conflicts, as it can interfere with lookups.

Can we add a new template page yet or not? I am having to edit every single services page again and again. And even after I click to correct /services-brick-inner in a brand new created site. It allows me to add the "Men" the service page is supposed to be called yet the http://dadasd/doesntupdateto/men

Yes we can add new template pages with the latest version of Upfront, please check this thread for more info:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-layout-template#post-1106468

I'm not sure whether I quite understood your second part of the question, could you please explain further? I checked the /services-brick-inner, and it has a url /men page. Your new Men page have a url link /men-2.

Then the Site title is being corrected back to Services Brick Inner/ when I change it to MEN and I cant launch a site with the wrong site titles nor is it very convenient to keep having to manually change each menu and design page by page.

I guess you meant page title? I checked your mainsite which is NLD development, and you only have Services Brick Inner page, so when you clone NLD development only the existing pages are cloned, ie Services Brick Inner page seems to look fine in NLD Design subsite, you'll have to either create a new page for any specific needs, or edit the existing ones to make any site specific changes. If you had a page named Men in your mainsite, the plugin would have cloned the exact page. Cloner plugin creates an exact replica of you mainsite, so you'll find all the pages, and it's titles to be exact as the mainsite.

I also tried to change the page title to Men, and it seems to work fine, so I'm not sure whether I have understood your question:

I have changed the page title back to the default name

And if you meant the site titles, you can change that under Settings > General > Site Title of your subsite.

I want a simple services template page with my logo and the same menu, then I want to just be able to link those URLs from my front page service listings.

Could you please point out which page is that? So that we could give a closer look if you are having issues with it.

Please advise if I had missed out anything. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mr Right Now,

Just a few smaller bugs happening, Why would the TEXT items in CONTACT ( name, email, Subject etc) forms disapear in FIREFOX but not in Chrome or Safari?

That's an odd one, did you make any recent CSS changes in your theme. By default these texts are visible in Firefox. It seems like the text color is getting overridden when it comes to Firefox browser:

:-moz-placeholder { /* Mozilla Firefox 4 to 18 */
       color:    #666 !important;
       opacity:  1;
    }
    ::-moz-placeholder { /* Mozilla Firefox 19+ */
       color:    #666 !important;
       opacity:  1;
    }

Please try the above CSS code, and check whether it works.

Then the MENUE goes to a complete white round dot in both mobile & ipad view?

Could you please add the following CSS, and check whether it works.

.responsive_nav_toggler, .burger_nav_close {
        background: #333333 !important;
    }

Please add the following in the Global Theme CSS section, in your Upfront editor, and check whether it works.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Mr Right Now

Applied these Settings yesterday and all looked very well, thanks again for you detailed decription.

Now when I woke up something has gone corrupt I beleive inside the UPFRONT Editor.

I looked at everything last night on my iphone trough safari and it looked great, only today this happened. It seemed all sections for SERVICES and One Contact below had reformatted to H1 text.

When Loggin in trough the browser to change it back to h2. The UPFRONT menue is corrupt.

Please help me out, I thought this was the last change yesterday and it looked so great after these
    last changes you gave me to implement. How would it even be possible by CSS changes to make changes into the UPFRONT editor. I can understand it.

BEst,
    Marcus

• Nithin

Hi Mr Right Now,

I checked your website, and I wasn't able to notice what you have mentioned, the website seems to work, and look fine:

Could you please clear your browser cache, and cookies, and check whether you are still getting the same results?

If you still have issues, pleas let us know with which browser you are having issues. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.