Google Maps Javascript Issue

So I initially built this site on mustard.ypmsolution.com which the google maps plugin worked. Now I get a javascript error after I parked and changed the domain on wordpress to themustardseedcafebluffton.com. If I change it back to mustard.ypmsolution.com it does work but obviously that's not the domain I want to use. Please help..

I've permitted access to the site a few days ago..

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Joseph,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As of June 22nd Google Maps API usage rules changed unexpectedly. From now on for all newly created apps there's an API Key necessary. All the apps (e.g. plugin installed and used) before this date should be still working. You have moved your site though so from Google's perspective it's a new instance of the plugin (under another domain) so new rules apply now.

Our developers are aware of this and a fix seems to be ready though it's not yet published as it needs to be fully tested. I've attached a "beta" version of updated Google Maps plugin to this post for you so please give it a try. I think it should fix the issue.

To use it please download the .zip file and extract it to your local drive. After that, please

- access your site via FTP
    - go to "/wp-content/plugins" folder
    - upload entire "wpmu_dev_maps_plugin" folder from inside downloaded .zip file to the "/wp-content/plugins" folder on your server; agree to overwrite files/folder when asked;

Once this is done go to the "Settings -> Google Maps -> Options" page in your site's dashboard and insert Google Maps API Key there. There's a guide on how to get this key.

Let me know please if this worked for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Christian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm having the same issue. I uploaded this new plugin and successfully published api key to Options page. The same problem continues. Map loads for a split second, then gives me an error:

Oops! Something went wrong.
    This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Christian

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Once you add your Google Map API key, please wait for 1 hour. API keys needs maximum 1 hour's time to get working.

Even after waiting for 1 hour, Map does not load then please issue new thread for this and one of our support representative will jump in to that to solve that for you. :slight_smile:

Joseph have you tried uploaded plugin ? if yes then please,

#1) Mark this thread resolved if issue is no longer on your site,
    #2) Let us know what happened if issue still persists.

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Geoff!

The plugin attached to this thread is a beta release that includes that fix only. The full release is waiting for final approval and may include other features/fixes as well (e.g. fixes related to the very same issue but for certain setups, that's just an example) and I'm not able to give you an ETA of a release.

Beta releases such as this one are published on our forums because the issue is important but we do not give ETA on official releases because there's a lot of factors and variables that changes on daily basis and we wouldn't want to give any strict dates in order not to disappoint anybody if we had to postpone the release.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Geoff
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that. The big issue is that Google now require an API key. So, as a new customer, we downloaded the plugin and expected it to work. It doesn't - because it needs an API key but there is no option to specify it. So, effectively the 'stable' version doesn't work for new customers installing it since the API requirement.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Geoff!

I realize that and I apologize for inconvenience. I believe that the beta release will be turned into a full official release really soon. For know please use the one attached to this post as it's no different to the current stable release in any way but the API key option.

When an upgrade is published you should be notified of it in your site's dashboard and be able to safely update from beta to stable.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.