so for coursepress... do I HAVE TO use markepress, or cna

Hi... so for coursepress... do I HAVE TO use markepress, or cna I use antoher ecommerce gateway with it?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to be able to have people use paypal standard if possible and markepress doesn't allow for that.

So can I use coursepress and add some other way for them to pay besides marketpress?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Emex,

Hope you're doing well today!

The only supported gateways at this time are the ones inside MarketPress as it was developed using MP for it's checkout system. I can definitely mark PayPal Standard as a feature request though :slight_smile:

Curious to why you prefer Standard over Express? I could add that to the feature request.

Any other payment gateways would need to be custom development, so if you did need something right now then you could post it on our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Emex,

Thanks for adding that :slight_smile: makes total sense. Hopefully some other members will also chime in and request this as well.

Another option you can do that other members use is to use Protected Content to restrict the courses and accept payment through that. This allows you to have recurring course subscriptions too, which is what most use it for; however, Protected Content does have PayPal Standard support so this solution could work for you as well :slight_smile:

You would need to create memberships and then protected courses with the URL groups. Once a user purchases that membership they will then have access to the Course. When setting up the course you can just leave it as a non paid course in the settings since all the payment will be managed outside of CP with Protected Content.

I know earlier I said MP is the only checkout option, but the Protected Content workaround slipped my mind for a moment :p

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Emex,

Yes :slight_smile: it's sort of a workaround as you can see in my description above, but it works very well. You just need to use URL groups to protect the course or multiple courses if you want to sell them in packages and that's pretty much it. Then have them sign up through the Protected Content registration to access the course.

They will still need to click the "Enroll" button after going through the membership signup but since they are already signed up it will just enroll them in 1 click, no trouble :slight_smile:

So... I understand that there is a theme included in coursepress.. how does that installation work? Do I just install it as a plugin and the theme installs or what?

That is correct. All you need to do is just install and activate the plugin :slight_smile: it will add CoursePress to your theme list automatically. If you need to access any of the theme files then you can find them via:

/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress

Hope this helps! I'm sure I'll talk to you again soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.