So how can I assign two workers to same service?

I have modified view of reservation calendar http://kaunoskvosas.eu/onlineregistracija/
As you can see there is 3 time rows, which shows different services (with different service providers).

But if I will create new service provider with additional price in Appointments+ settings how will I show calendar with one service but two service providers?
Because now in appointments.php file I use this:

$_REQUEST["app_service_id"] = $service3;

$_REQUEST["app_provider_id"] = $worker3;

$this->get_lsw();

$appointments->get_lsw();

$time_table .= $this->get_timetable( $ccs, $capacity, $schedule_key, $title3 );

So how can I assign two workers to same service?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marius,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If I understand this correctly you wouldn't need any additional code here. You can assign more than one service provider (worker) to a single service. To do this, please go to you dashboard's

"Appointments -> Settings -> Service Providers" page

and simply select the same service from the "Services Provided" list for more than one service provider. A single service provider can be assigned multiple services and a single service can be assigned to more than one service provider on that page.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Marius

Hello Adam,

Sorry but this is not working for me even in clean installation, without code modifications.
    Please see here: http://svetaine.xyz/rezervacija/
    To show this calendar I use short code: [app_monthly_schedule logged="Choose date" title1="Service #1" service="1"]
    As you can see there is only time till 5PM... but it should be till 8PM (5-8PM different price).
    So I have created one service, I have created two service providers with different working hours, assigned both service providers to same service.

Please see attached screenshot with Appointments+ settings.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Marius,

If there's no default provider selected on the appointment page it should show full working time, I just tested this on my installation to make sure it works as it should and had no issues.

Would you mind allowing support access to the site in question so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Marius,

Looks like I was testing this without the price, I was focusing on showing full working time for two providers which works fine.
    Showing different price automatically is unfortunately not possible as the plugin requires different service or provider selection in order to calculate the price.

So you will actually need to have either two services with different prices and service selector visible, or two providers like now but add provider selector to page.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Antonio!

As for price calculation/rules. I agree this would be a great feature. Would you mind posting a separate thread on this describing how should it work in our "Features and Feedback" forum?

If more WPMU DEV community members would support that idea, our Growth Team would consider implementing this in future.

As for your initial issues. I believe we're getting somewhere with this in your other thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/im-trying-a-new-setup-for-a-very-simple-2-services-?replies=7

Is that correct? If I'm missing something here, let me know there in your thread please :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Marius

Hello Predrag,

Adding service or service provider selector I is not good idea if you want to have user friendly reservation system.
    I mean it's ok if you do a haircut appointments system, the price is the same if you do it in the morning or evening.
    But let's say you do any sport reservation system and A+ and it's pain in the a....

Basically if you think about tennis court, golf, volleyball or any other sport reservation:

1. It's ALWAYS one hourly rate for day play and higher hourly rate for night and weekends.

2. ALSO let's say I have 4 courts. So you want to say that I need to add selector so people can select court and book it? It's VERY VERY unfriendly usage. Client MUST see all 4 courts in same window (Like I did by changing A+ code) because for them it's same service, they don't care in which court they will play, they want to see all available times, not clicking selector multiple times.

3. Also by default you can book only 1 time slot which is again NOT GOOD AT ALL for SPORTS (and maybe some other services).
    Because if I want to play tennis for 2 hours, I have to make two reservations, if there is any payment system integrated so I have to make two payments, two times login to paypal/any other payment system. Not good at all.

I hope you will provide this information for A+ development team. As this is from REAL situations.
    I know that you can't make universal ideal reservation system. But some options need to be integrated for sure.

Thanks,
    M.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marius!

1. It's ALWAYS one hourly rate for day play and higher hourly rate for night and weekends.

2. ALSO let's say I have 4 courts. So you want to say that I need to add selector so people can select court and book it? It's VERY VERY unfriendly usage. Client MUST see all 4 courts in same window (Like I did by changing A+ code) because for them it's same service, they don't care in which court they will play, they want to see all available times, not clicking selector multiple times.

These are very good points in my opinion so I'll pass them to Appointments+ developer. I'm not able to give you any guarantee and/or ETA on this but I'll bring it directly in front of him for further consideration. Then, it's up to our Growth Team to decide whether and when to implement it and I hope they'll agree with us here :slight_smile:

3. Also by default you can book only 1 time slot which is again NOT GOOD AT ALL for SPORTS (and maybe some other services).
    Because if I want to play tennis for 2 hours, I have to make two reservations, if there is any payment system integrated so I have to make two payments, two times login to paypal/any other payment system. Not good at all.

This is possible already. With MarketPress installed and "Appointments in product cart" enabled your customers can book more than single spot "at once". It would still require selecting booking slots "one by one" and confirming them but instead of a number of payments those bookings will all be added to the shopping cart and may be payed in one payment. I agree there's still plenty of room for improvement in this process but the basic feature is already there.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.