So how do I get Ads to not display to paid members?

So how do I get Ads to not display to paid members? I've tried using the Short code, but it is visible to EVERYONE above and below the ads.

I'm assuming the proper way to do a shortcode is [free]
[premium]
[visitor]
etc?

I've tried Caps, lower case, all upper, even putting "level" before the actual level, no dice.

Am I missing something?

• James

Also,

It doesn't matter whether or not I switch from admin to any of the other levels, still see the shortcode text.

I was having a different but related issue with Google Adsense yesterday where the ads would display ONLY on the membership generated pages such as Account, Subscriptions and Register. But nowhere else. I checked the css for the ins code, that wasn't it, and I checked php for conflicts, that wasn't it. Finally I disabled Google Ads, signed up with a company directly and placed their ad. and it worked without any issues. Perhaps Google Adsense is touchy with wordpress sites, don't know.

I've used Adsense since 207 on other non wordpress sites and never had an issue.

• James

I actually solved my own problem. Instead of using this plugin to actually hide or protect stuff that it DOESN'T want to function with, I have decided to just use the payment gateway it sports. As that's the only part which actually makes sense and does what it's supposed to.

The lesson I've learned is that Wordpress itself is complete and utter crap software. It needs a friggin Plugin for EVERYTHING and it's how many years mature? Then you have Plugins which conflict with other Plugins or just don't work as advertised and it's all a much bigger headache than it needs to be.

So I've decided, this is my LAST EVER WORDPRESS SITE. I'm done. This has been the worst experience of my Web building career. Should have just went with squarespace or built it myself. Of course if I built it myself it wouldn't have a member database like it has now, due to my shotty programming skills but at least it would be built by me and I'd know how to fix an issue myself instead of relying upon peer support forums.

Seriously, why can';t membership work as simply as Messaging, or Ultimate Branding!?!?!?!

• PC

Hello there James,

Thanks for posting back.

Sorry about the delay here. I was away on my weekly off.

As you are using a theme option which injects the ad code on the site area, it might be a possibility that the theme does not support the execution of shortcodes in that area.

If that is the case, it would not work as you expect it to.

If that is not the case, we need to dig deep into this and we will need a copy of the theme to find that out.

Apart from that, there can also be custom code solution where we can check if a user is a premium member using some code and then use a filter to remove the ad from the site for that member.

So WordPress can be scaled according to our requirements but generally plugins and themes have limited functionality out of the box when it comes to custom requirements.

Please let me know if you can confirm the theme supports shortcode in the ad area and if no, we can call in our second level support to help fix this using some custom code :slight_smile:

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.