How to re-add the post section to the main blog page?

So, I accidentally deleted the post section on the blog page that shows all of the blog posts. In the editor mode it displayed as the "Get a quote" section, so I deleted it... then realized after saving the page that the posts were gone as well. So, now I am trying to figure out how to add them back.

I have tried dragging a widget over, but that only seems to display the blog posts as a linked list. How do I go about getting the old functionality back? I can't seem to figure out which draggable element to use.

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Coconsulting,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is it the single blog post or list of blog posts that you've removed?

If it's the list of blog posts then you can re-add that by dragging over the "Posts" Upfront element and selecting "Posts List". I've attached a screenshot of the default settings for the original Scribe blog page.

I checked your site and it looks like the single posts are still there so I'm assuming its the above issue.

If you still have any further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• COConsulting
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler, you see how on your screenshot where you dragged the post list over? Under that area there is a "Request a Quote" area. That isn't on the Blog page when it is published. Is this a bug in the theme? That is why I deleted that area is because I didn't want a "Request a Quote" box.

• COConsulting
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Never mind. The draggable items area had more items hidden. I don't know why that area has a set height. In my browser window there is a lot of available room. I didn't know that I had to scroll down in that boxed area.

Anyway, I found it. If anyone has the same issue, put your mouse over the draggable elements area and scroll down. The last element is "Posts" and that is where you can do a single post or a list of posts.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

ha! Thanks for sharing the solution :slight_smile: I'll send some points your way.

Now how do I match the CSS coding that is now gone? When I add the post list, it is default coding and doesn't look as nice as the coding provided by default in the theme

You will need to make sure you choose the blog page styling from the CSS styles :slight_smile: there is quite a few different styles there you can try out. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

Hey Tyler, you see how on your screenshot where you dragged the post list over? Under that area there is a "Request a Quote" area. That isn't on the Blog page when it is published. Is this a bug in the theme? That is why I deleted that area is because I didn't want a "Request a Quote" box.

It's added to the Scribe blog page template I believe, it was on mine by default - the screenshot above is from a fresh install. You can remove just that region by clicking on the fold icon in the top right corner. Screenshot attached. When your pointer is inside the region then that icon should appear.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey COConsulting,

Glad that helped :slight_smile:

It's odd that it deleted both sections, I just tested it out on my sandbox and I was able to delete the quote region without losing the posts section. If that happens again let us know and we'll investigate further.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.