So I am using E-Newsletter Subscribe by Email RSS to Inbox

So I am using

E-Newsletter
Subscribe by Email RSS to Inbox
AutoResponder
Membership Communication

1st - It would be much more convenient and clean to have the E-Newsletter take a Subscribe by Email Sign Up and just have it be a group. 2 email signups is confusing and not very appealing to anyone.

2nd and most important - It would be so nice if the widget could disappear or have something else besides what it has for a logged in user. I think it looks good for a unlogged in user, but the logged in user sees... I dont want to constantly have an unsubscribe in front of their face. I want them to subscribe and have it be out of their mind. If they have subscribed I would prefer it be a widget to get them to try to subscribe again just like the unsubscribed/unloggedin person sees. If the whole thing could just dissapear like the hidden content levels for subscribed and unsubscribed users in Membership that would be wonderful!

This is what shows on the page even when I have the show groups box unchecked. Why is does it still show up when I have it unchecked?:
"Subscribe to:
NEWSLETTER

Unsubscribe"

3- It would be optimal if a custom login form could be created like Wysija or MailChimp. One that could be used in a widget area or shortcoded on to a page.

• Ash

Hello there

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

#1: I agree with you, there could be an addon. But those two plugins are developed based on two different perspective though. Also, regular wordpress users are not associated with Subscribe By Email plugin I think. But this really could be a nice feature.

#2: Please go to /plugins/e-newsletter/e-newsletter.php line no 2223 to 2242, change the function widget into the following:

function widget( $args, $instance ) {
            if(!is_user_logged_in()) {
                global $email_newsletter, $current_user;

extract( $args );

$show_name      = apply_filters( 'widget_title', $instance['name'] );
                $show_groups    = apply_filters( 'widget_title', $instance['groups'] );
                $title = apply_filters( 'widget_title', $instance['title'] );

echo $before_widget;

if ( $title )
                    echo $before_title . $title . $after_title;

echo $email_newsletter->subscribe_widget($show_name, $show_groups);

echo $after_widget;
            }
        }

But remember, this change will be lost when you will update your plugin. So, it's worth to note down and apply again after updates.

#3. This is not currently possible. I am marking this as a featured request.

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Development Design

Thanks,

For now and this website I am going to have to continue to use wysija mainly because of the form that can be inserted in to the page for an email sign up squeeze page. Also because the people can sign up in the comments to receive Newsletters with Wysija.

How can I export the emails for people that register for an event? I need to import it to Wysija... Also I thought that Events+ registration emails linked in to E-Newsletter easily. Any info on this?

• Ash

Yes, Wysija is a good option for that. But if you want subscription form in a page, you can use this shortcode in a page.
    [enewsletter_subscribe]

How can I export the emails for people that register for an event?

If you edit an even, you will see a meta bo - Event RSVPs, on the right side click on View all RSVPs. Then you will see the export button.

Also I thought that Events+ registration emails linked in to E-Newsletter easily. Any info on this?

I don't think it is possible right now out of the box. But if you want I can mark it as a feature request.

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.