so I have the Buddy press installed on my multisite network, I would like to add a forums page..

So I have the Buddypress installed on my multisite network, I would like to add a forums page..
Should I use the Forums Plugin, or the bbpress plugin? I currently have installed the Forums plugin and it seems to work fine, but have found other places that the bbpress plugin works with buddy press..
Any suggestions?
Thank you

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for the post.

our forums plugin is not as a feature rich as the bbpress forums it depends how much focus you want your site to have with regards to forums.

I'd be biased if i said use our plugin (not because i work for wpmudev, but because I actually Hate BP & can't wait for a decent competitor to appear)

however, you might be better off with bbpress as whole for a forum based community as it is heavily integrated with BP, so plays seamlessly with the BP social aspects.

you could give them both a try i guess, if you have a few users, give them the option, tell them to test out the features and see which experience or system they prefer. your users might also thank you for it as it get's them involved in choosing the tools they would like to use on your site & makes them feel they are also contributing to it's development.

hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.