So, I installed invite on a non-MU site. Upon installation,

So, I installed invite on a non-MU site. Upon installation, without even activating, a page appeared saying that it was only to be used with MU sites. Every page I loaded on the site, front or back end would give that error.

Going into FTP to uninstall the plugin was the only option for moving forward.

It would be great if this error message was less intrusive and less of a hassle to remove. Thought you ought to know.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Pete,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

All our plugins have a compatibility section on the plugin page for example : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/invite/ (Right sidebar) as per the attached screenshot. If it does not say WordPress, that means the plugin is not compatible with a single WordPress install.

However, I kind like your idea to make the error message more easily understandable for our users and for that I have sent a note to our lead developer as a feature suggestion so that we can include some basic instructions along with the error message.

In order to make sure that you don't get into issues like that, we always suggest using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ which allows you to install our plugis on your sites with a single click and also does all the work required to make sure that multisite only plugins are not installed on single sites. (It would disable the install button for those plugins)

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Pete
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the quick reply. That skipped my attention, and I'm sure it has and will continue to do the same to others.

My main suggestion here is for it to check for itself upon install and halt the install if requirements are not met - or at least not break the site requiring manual administration to disable it.

Thank you!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well said. Lets see what our lead developer thinks of this one :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for taking time and reporting it in such detail and keeping the discussion on. Much appreciated !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.