So I will highlight a sentence/text so that I can increase

So I will highlight a sentence/text so that I can increase the heading size...and instead it will increases the text in the paragraph and vice versa.
How do I place text into an image/widget with a link to it. Again trying one box for several hours. he caption in the image, though I change the text color, will not be visible. The color or the typography refuses to change. So I want to place a text box with a course over the image and then group the elements together and then link it to the course. It is not letting me. It takes several hours just to get one text box right...then when I go to do another text box, the one that took several hours for me to build goes haywire. How do I add a widget to my available courses page? Every time I drag a widget over it forces the widget to be the whole length of the page. It will not allow me to shrink the size of the widget into a nice small box that I can lay an image into for a customer to click on?
Which theme from WPPMU would you recommend for me to start? I am trying to use the Fixer theme by UPFRONT but it is so difficult. I highlight text and it changes the text on a different line. It will take an hour to modify a widget, then when I go to create a new one it takes the one I just created and reconfigures its size. Very difficult. Then how do I group the elements together so that when the customer scrolls over it they can click on it and it will send them to the course? These questions come after dozens of hours with no progress in getting the theme to act as advertised. Please help...thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey James,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Please note that asking multiple questions in the same thread like this will only make it more complicated for both you and our staff members to follow everything, causing longer response times.
    I will answer your questions individually below but please choose one to focus in this thread and open new ones for your other questions.

So I will highlight a sentence/text so that I can increase the heading size...and instead it will increases the text in the paragraph and vice versa.

I did some testing on my end and can replicate something similar but seems like there's a workaround for this.
    Can you tell me how did you select the text, with three/two mouse clicks or by holding left click and then selecting desired text?
    The second way should work fine while the issue is happening to me as well with triple click.

I have reported this to developers.

How do I place text into an image/widget with a link to it. Again trying one box for several hours.

Not sure about this part, are you trying to add text over an image and link that text to something?
    Elements can't be added over each other, on Image element you can right click and click Add Caption to add text to it.

The caption in the image, though I change the text color, will not be visible.

Are you referring to Image element or Slider element?

The color or the typography refuses to change.

Are you changing it by selecting text or changing it from Theme Settings in Upfront sidebar?

So I want to place a text box with a course over the image and then group the elements together and then link it to the course. It is not letting me.

As mentioned above, elements can't be place over each other.
    What you can do is add code element, add one div tag for example, type your text inside that element and then use CSS to add background image to that element.

It takes several hours just to get one text box right...then when I go to do another text box, the one that took several hours for me to build goes haywire.

Could you please elaborate a bit the "haywire" part, what exactly happens, and after which step it happens, perhaps attach some screenshots?

How do I add a widget to my available courses page?

First you will need to select static page instead of virtual one by following instructions from CoursePress > Settings panel under "Student Dashboard Page" section.
    After that you can edit that page with UF editor to add widget element.

Every time I drag a widget over it forces the widget to be the whole length of the page.

If you add element above existing element and there's nothing on the sides it will take full width, this goes for widget element as well, you can then simplty resize it to desired width.

It will not allow me to shrink the size of the widget into a nice small box that I can lay an image into for a customer to click on?

Could you explain more what exactly happens when you try to resize the widget, does anything happens, do sides move, does it look resized but not after exiting editor mode?

Which theme from WPPMU would you recommend for me to start?

Perhaps Spirit would be the best one but they all work the same way.

Hope I didn't miss anything, please answer my questions in separate threads so we can keep them separated and provide you better support.

You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.