Upfront Layouts

So I'm working on my own Upfront Theme, and am currently working on creating layouts for a CPT. However, when I go to add something as simple as Tabs and save it, it's not really saving to anything. If I click all the saves and reload the layout again it's back to the default.

I've also tried this on two computers, any ideas?

• Rupok

Hi Kevin,

am currently working on creating layouts for a CPT. However, when I go to add something as simple as Tabs and save it, it's not really saving to anything

Can you please confirm if you can save layout for default post type? Is this happening for any specific custom post type or happening for all custom post types layouts? Is this happening for single custom post type layout or for category or tags archive layout? Is there any error on your browser console?

I just tried to regenerate this on my test site but I could not. I could add all elements as I want in custom post type and it is saved without any issue. So this is not a but of Upfront Builder, but there is something on your site which is causing this error.

Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please mention which theme I should try to edit and which custom post type layout should I work on. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kevin

Hell Rupok,

I disabled all my plugins and had just the WPMU DEV Dashboard and Upfront enabled, and when using the builder option I changed the layout for single-post and single-cpt but didn't have any success.

However, when I went to change an individual post or CPT I was able to update the template for the rest of the same post types.

So it is working, but for some reason it's just not working in the layout side of the builder.

• Rupok

Hi Kevin,

If you want us to investigate why this didn't work for you inside Upfront Builder, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Can you please confirm? We will be glad to have a look and will try to figure out why this is not working inside Builder.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.