So recently I've been picking around the MarketPress plugin

So recently I've been picking around the MarketPress plugin and noticing a lot of holes and no answers. Market Press 3.0.0.7 has been out for a while and all the features were long overdue, it really hasn't been performing correctly out of the box:

- The performance with variations is incredibly sluggish
- Shopping cart cookies aren't shared properly between a mapped domain and a subdomain
- Product image variations sometimes don't show up
- the ability to created Customized product page templates with products that have variations flat out doesn't work

I have made mention of these issues for months, and some for over a year...with no real response or timeline.

I just installed and played around with woo-commerce:
- The query count is low
- Product image variations sometimes don't show up
- there is sharing of shopping cart cookies between the domain and the when in a subdomain

I would like some real answers on the state of MarketPress and a release schedule of these fixes. I've seen a ton of work on the dashboard and your site (which look great) but it seems like very little attention has been given to what actually matters to your customers...I am left scratching my head....been a paying customer, would love some answers.

Thanks.

• Rupok

Hi Ben

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks a lot for being a loyal customer. Lemme try to work on and fix the issues of your queries:

The performance with variations is incredibly sluggish

I tried to run some performance benchmark but the result was not incredibly sluggish. I've quite a lot of products with different types, variations and lots of other parameters and customization in my test site, but I've attached the results. Please check and suggest.

Shopping cart cookies aren't shared properly between a mapped domain and a subdomain

I do admit that this issue is still there but our developers are really working on this. This is a known issue. Cross Domain Cookies Sharing is a critical and risky thing. We always try to ensure that your site is safe with our plugins. So probably that's why it's taking a bit longer than usual.

Product image variations sometimes don't show up

I just tried to regenerate the issue in 3 of my test sites but I could not. Can you suggest a step-by-step process with which I can regenerate the issue? Or can I regenerate it in your site?

The ability to created Customized product page templates with products that have variations flat out doesn't work

We have a wonderful guide here (https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/the-easy-guide-to-theming-marketpress/) for styling MarketPress pages. Please tell us what exactly did you try to customize product page template for products with variations. I can help you in making it work I believe.

I really wish I could give you any ETA for these but I'm afraid, I can't. Our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it might take a little while for them to work on these and release the fix. I'll request you to hold on a little longer and contact us if you need any help from us. We will be glad to help.

I have made mention of these issues for months, and some for over a year...with no real response or timeline.

Can you please give me a list of threads of the these issues? I can ping our Support Staffs who are working on those threads for you.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ben

I tried to run some performance benchmark but the result was not incredibly sluggish.

I have gone through the code, there are multiple redundant queries that are exasperated on the product grid views and related product views when there are variations. In addition the MarketPress image resizing functions are being called unnecessarily. I have gone through the code and can demonstrate those issue happening simply by sending messages to the console in areas you wouldn't think would be called. It makes it painfully clear what is being used on each page view.

I just tried to regenerate the issue in 3 of my test sites but I could not. Can you suggest a step-by-step process with which I can regenerate the issue? Or can I regenerate it in your site?

Sure go to the link I emailed you, and then go to: /store/products/mens-tank/

Choose small, then choose "grey tank". Blank..yet a picture does exist for all variations on that product.

Cross Domain Cookies Sharing is a critical and risky thing.

This is confusing...wordpress does this (its why you can see the admin bar when logged into website and visiting a mapped domain) So...not sure why this is the response for such a critical and important feature. It also theortically already exists if only the paypal gateway is active...why is it so much more complicated for stripe...I am not understanding your response.

I just tried to regenerate the issue in 3 of my test sites but I could not.

Can you provide the links to your tests sites so I can validate the scenarios, perhaps we can work together and see where the discrepancies are.

Please tell us what exactly did you try to customize product page template for products with variations.

Please test yourself so that you too will see it doesn't work with products that have variations. IF it does work, then maybe we can work together to see the discrepancy...BUT PLEASE TEST. Thank you!

I really wish I could give you any ETA for these but I'm afraid, I can't.

I really wish I could give you any ETA for these but I'm afraid, I can't. Our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things.

This is pretty critical plugin and the performance is so poor its not usable...its being marketed as if its production ready...I am here trying to help you debug and there is no communication of what is being done...no timeline. Can't we agree that months being passed with no ETA can't be acceptable anymore.

Can you please give me a list of threads of the these issues?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/bug-product-category-page-product-detail-page-slow-without-item-in-cart-fast-with-item-in-cart#post-1017336

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/possible-bug-marketpress-thumbnail-routines-not-respecting-s3-creating-unnecessary-slow-images#post-1016518

Just a couple recent ones

I'm spending a lot of time working on debugging...writing in these forums....its not making sense and frankly not right...I'm giving a lot of energy to you guys and I'm not on staff.

Thanks.

• Rupok

Hi Ben

Hope you had a beautiful day today.

There are multiple redundant queries that are exasperated on the product grid views and related product views when there are variations. In addition the MarketPress image resizing functions are being called unnecessarily.

I see! Can you please provide specific lines or functions I should be looking at? Will help us to make a bulls eye. I will flag our developer here if necessary.

Sure go to the link I emailed you, and then go to: /store/products/mens-tank/
    Choose small, then choose "grey tank". Blank..yet a picture does exist for all variations on that product.

Please check this screencast. An image is showing for me when I select Small and Grey: http://take.ms/OVUAb

This is confusing...wordpress does this

I do apologize, maybe I could not make you understand my point. I know WordPress does this, otherwise you would be logged out everytime you go to your subdomain subsite dashboard from network dashboard. But what I was trying to say is, this is not easy like changing just a very basic php function, or changing some css. Thousands of users are using MarketPress. A critical mistake can cause unimaginable chaos. That's why I said it's critical (to deploy) and risky (for us). I hope you'll agree with me.

I am here trying to help you debug and there is no communication of what is being done

Thanks a lot for your time and effort for help us making MarketPress a better product. Actually I'm on First Level Support and it's not even possible for me to track what is being done. But I can forward your suggestions to our developers so that they take these into consideration.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.