I'm trying to decide between customizing BuddyRpess or PHPFox to creating Social Community with Forums. Here is a quick overview about the custom features
- Members can join the group if only if they have complete profile and select a status specific to the group ( Say Yes and No, maybe)
- New Custom Tab to display list of members if they selected Yes and Display average stats of Yes members
- Custom About Page Tab with Description with multiple sub-sections with sub-titles
- Groups specific Blog Post ( in addition to Forums)
- Layout similar to Facebook ( with tabs on left side)
- Members can Follow other members (without friend request)
- Points System
- Forum post or member info highlights based on forum Role ( Author, Expert, Subscriber, Admin)
- Follow User button next to their name in forum posting
- Points will integrate with Forum Activity
I plan to hire a designer and developer to create unique design and development.
WorpdPress - Custom Theme on Genesis. Expected Traffic over 10 Million visitors/year.
I'm split between custom development with PHPFox or BuddyPress. Thanks for your help.