Social - customization

We installed and customized Social for our project on http://www.somatoriadosangulos.com. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to have a link to the blog in the main menu with the rest of the pages. How can it be done?

Also, we've been trying to change the color of the solid line under the same menu and can't find where to change it.

Please advise.

Thank you.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Fabiana

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our Community.

To add a custom link to your menu, trying using the WordPress Menu setup. You can create your own menus by going to WP Admin » Appearance » Menus. Just save a new menu and add the pages of your choice to the hierarchy. You can also type a custom URL and save that as a page to the menu. And don't forget to select the theme location.

You can read more about using WP Menus here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

To change the color of the line below the menu, please access the stylesheet called base.css and look for the code right at the beginning:

body {
    font-size: 100%;
    font-family:"Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans", sans-serif;
    margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background: #FFFFFF;
    color: #FFF;}

Change the last line's color:

color: #FFF;}

to what you want it to be.

And that should get you sorted :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best!

Gina

• fabianahonorato

Hi, Gina and thank you for your reply.

I'm still a little bit confused by this, though. I created a new custom menu, but there isn't a page for "Blog" (and I don't know which link to use for it, since it doesn't show up in the navigation, which is, of course, the original issue), so I don't know how to include a link to the blog in the new custom menu. Can you help me a little further with this?

And as far as the css file goes, I also can't find the file base.css listed in the Editor.

Thank you.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Fabiana

I had a look at your site to try and find an article that is under the blog, but could only find with the url like this:

http://somatoriadosangulos.com/category/tarefas/saude-e-fitness/

This might actually be something related to your permalinks. Can you check what is the permalink settings and posting it here for me?

Now to add a custom link to your Menu, please follow the steps as in my screenshot.

To access the base.css file, go to the Social Theme folder: bp-social » _inc » css » base.css

Hope these help. If you need any further support, don't hesitate to ask. We are here to assist, no matter how small the request.

Have a good evening and I look forward to your feedback.

Gina

• fabianahonorato

The permalink structure we're using is /%category%/%postname%/.

I had a look at your site to try and find an article that is under the blog, but could only find with the url like this:

http://somatoriadosangulos.com/category/tarefas/saude-e-fitness/

That's precisely the issue we're having. I see blog posts on the home page, but no link to the blog where all the posts are.

And with that in mind, since I don't know what the link to the blog is, I can't create it inside a custom menu, because I don't know where to link it to.

I will look for the css file in the directory you specified up there, thank you. Why doesn't it show in the them editor, though?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Fabiana

A new day, fresh eyes on the problem :slight_smile:

Can you try to change the permalinks to this /blog/%postname%/ and also creating a page called Blog. You can then also list your blog articles there.

I use a very nice plugin called Widgets on Pages.

You can then use the Recent Posts and Recent Comments widgets on your Blog page.

I hope this helps a bit. Let me know what happens when you try to change the permalink structure.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend :slight_smile:

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.