Social for Buddypress issues

Hi!

So I finally did a revamp of my website using bp-social theme you provide. Thank you!

I have a few questions/issues:

When I try to search something using the search box on the home page, I get a blank page. The error log says:

[07-Jul-2012 10:45:34] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/latinos3/public_html/lamsocialclub/index.php:2) in /home3/latinos3/public_html/lamsocialclub/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

When I'm logged in, a new navigation bar appears on the very top, the one that has all the BP pages. I'd like to modify that, is that possible? If so, how?

Thank you,
Giovanni

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Giovanni @Giovanni

First of all, thank you for using the BuddyPress Social theme :slight_smile:

Secondly, before anything else, I would like to rule out any plugin conflicts. To do this please deactivate all your other plugins and keep only BuddyPress running with the theme. Do you still get this error? If so, please share a link of your site with me so I can investigate why you're getting this error.

Regarding editing the BuddyPress admin bar, please see my answer to this topic:

Adding FB Like and Twitter buttons on buddybar

Look forward to your feedback and assisting further.

Ciao

Gina

• Giovanni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Gina,

One more error I see is that when a user tries to go to an area that is private (meaning buddypress member directory), they receive a white page:

See here ... http://lamsocialclub.com/members

Again, I only have your theme and buddypress active, nothing else.

RE: The navigation on the top right, I want to modify the menu to include about us, contact, logout, profile (that's it) . I'm talking about the navigation menu.

Please login to my site so you know what I mean:

[edited out]

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@Giovanni

I'm not getting any white page - when clicking on the link you provided and before logging in I get a registration page. When logged in I see the Members Directory.

With regards to the menu:

RE: The navigation on the top right, I want to modify the menu to include about us, contact, logout, profile (that's it) . I'm talking about the navigation menu.

This is the BuddyPress built in navigation bar when being logged in. Your best option would be to add it to the custom menu 'SignedIn', unless you want to do some custom code adjustments.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

PS For security reasons I will remove the login details to your site, that were mentioned in your previous post.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.