Social Icons not showing for us in Gallery Theme

Hi Guys!

For some reason we are not getting the social icons to show on the site.

We have url’s in where they should be but no workie.

We have looked carefully at all the options and tried everything obvious to try with no luck.

Must be something we are doing wrong. Hope you know the answer.

Thanks mucho!

Zoe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Apologies for the delay on this one. I just missed it for some reasons and sorry for having kept you waiting.

By the social media Icons, are you referring to the Social share icons which appear at the bottom of posts ?

There are number of ways we achieve that. I would request you to please elaborate a bit more on what plugin/method you are using to achieve that, or are you using the in theme options so that I can replicate that on my lab site and guide you better ?

Please advise

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi @zoekeen : Thanks for your patience on this one.

I tested on my lab site and found a couple of things our lead developer needs to check.

@moha : When we are adding the social links, it is adding them after the blog name… example pranzu.staging.wpengine.com/pranzu instead of facebook.com/pranzu

@zoekeen

I see that you have disabled the footer links. Do you remember any changes you have made to the code ? which might have caused the icons to totally disappear ? Please advise.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• zoekeen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi PC,

The only modification was to the main header of the site “NICOLE BUFFETT”. We centered it using a float command in css I think. Should be in my ticket history.

Other than that nothing I can think of at all.

Thank you for the help as this is the one thing keeping us from going live.

Best,

Zoe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings zoekeen,

Sorry for the delay in a reply here and I can see that the reported issue has been logged as a confirmed bug.

I believe the delay is due to the changing of the lead developer and the previous developer Moha got the notification but the new developer @enzomdd has not received it or perhaps unaware of this ticket.

Therefore I have messaged him again and we (you and I) look forward to him addressing this issue for us, hopefully sooner then later.

Sincerely, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.