Social marketing - pull info like Post Indexer

It would be really awesome if there were a way to pull the social marketing ads either with post indexer or as a separate script that pulls them much like Post Indexer pulls posts.

• Arizona Lowe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes. That is the plugin I am referring too.

It would be awesome if I could have a list of these ads (from across all the blogs in the network) so I could place them in a newsletter.

The post indexer creates a fab table of all the posts from around the network. I really love the functionality of this plugin and am looking forward to having more time to play with the data it pulls.

If there were a similar script that pulled all the Social Marketing ads into one table so I could access it when creating newsletters, my life would become so much easier.

Thanks for listening -- ummm, reading.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @arizona,

AS far as i'm aware, you should be able to use post-indexer to index the social ads.

I haven't tried though, but you should be able to add the following post-type to the global settings in post indexer.

Network Dashboard > settings > post-indexer > global settings

then add the following to the default post types section.

social_marketing_ad

You may need to reindex again after adding it. Then all being well the social_marketing_ads will be indexed in the post_indexer network tables in the DB alongside the other post types.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I haven't tried it, but looking at it, it probably would yes, but you asked if it was possible to pull the social ads in using post-indexer.

Could you explain a bit more on what it is you are trying to do? It might be possible to exclude specific post types from the recent posts widget.

I suppose by using the recent custom posts plugin, you could then use that to list the social ads post type only.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.