Social media and email icons under course, when clicking on email only puts course description with

Good evening!

Just wondering if you can advise the icons under courses ie facebook, google and email - how do I adjust these settings.

For example when I click on email to test it opens up message but does not provide a hyperlink to the course, only the description.

cheers,
Kelly

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Kelly-maree,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Mailto option which is used to send email only allows plain text in body so adding link will result in simple text.
    You can try doing this yourself by going to wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/ folder and download content-course-overview.php
    In that file change this line of code (line 61):
    <a href="mailto:?subject=<?php the_title(); ?>&body=<?php echo strip_tags( get_the_excerpt() ); ?>" target="_top" class="email-share"></a>
    With this code:
    <a href="mailto:?subject=<?php the_title(); ?>&body=<?php echo strip_tags( get_the_excerpt() ); ?>%20<?php echo get_the_permalink(); ?>" target="_top" class="email-share"></a>

Upload the file back to it's original location and that should be it.

This is only temporary solution as it will be overwritten with the plugin update but I'm going to set this as future request to see if there is anything we can do about this with some more changes in the code.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.