Social Theme doesn't look like the demo/facebook Look & Feel

Hi,

I'm using the Social theme and I need to get the look and feel of the theme as close to facebook as possible. When I purchased the theme I didn't know I'll have so many issues with it. I'm using BuddyPress 1.5 and WordPress 3.3.1

What do I do now? Can someone actually take control and configure it on my server by giving him access?

Thanks,
partizan

• Timothy Bowers

Hey partizan and welcome to the WPMU Dev Community! :slight_smile:

When I purchased the theme I didn't know I'll have so many issues with it.

Most people despise it when a theme inserts random data into their website just make it look like the demo.

The demo site is there to show you how your content would look if you set it up the same. And its all just a process of filling in a form through the theme options area.

Even if it did push all the default blurb into your database, you would still need to go and change it all unless you wanted people coming to your website and seeing "Demonstrating BuddyPress Themes" or "Welcome to Buddypress Social, we connect you with your friends".

All those settings are in the theme options page:

wp-admin/themes.php?page=options-functions.php

Admin --> Appearances --> Theme Options

If you get stuck on something specific then just make a post in the forums and let us know. We'll be more than happy to help.

What do I do now? Can someone actually take control and configure it on my server by giving him access?

If you are looking to hire someone for this, then you can post on the job board where other users can get in touch with you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Take care, :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.