Social without sign in page?

Is it possible to use BP Social without the login on the homepage? I like the login and use it on the main site of my network, but I’d like to maintain consistency by using Social on some subsites in my network without including the login on each of those sites. (The audience for some of those sites doesn’t warrant the use of the login page.)

Thanks for your help.

Amy Joy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Amy Joy,

Thank you for the great question.

I would accomplish this by creating a second instance of the Socila theme in the theme folder, renaming it to something else before uploading it i.e. Social2, and just using it for the main site and the original Social I would remove the log in from it and make it available to the sub sites.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Camerogy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

One way to eliminate the log in on some sites is to make a second copy of theme in a new folder as suggested by aecnu and then follow the instructions below to change the theme code. You will have to activate that modified theme for the no log in sites.

Check the following link for the answer

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/buddypress-social-theme-how-to-remove-the-big-sign-up-header-for-not-logged-in-users-on-every-page

The instructions in that post that worked for me are as listed below but the line numbers to find the code had changed. I just did a search to find the right line that needed to be replaced.

Thanks Richie_KS !!!!

By Richie_KS

Geeky Developer (joined June 2009)

How to remove the intro header completely?

open header.php and go to line 195+ and edit this line code

<?php if($bp_existed == ‘true’:wink: { ?>

<?php if ( !bp_is_register_page() && !bp_is_activation_page() ) { ?>

<?php if( !is_user_logged_in() ) { locate_template( array(‘lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php’:wink:, true ); } ?>

<?php } ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<?php if( !is_user_logged_in() ) { locate_template( array(‘lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php’:wink:, true ); } ?>

<?php } ?>

to

<?php /* if($bp_existed == ‘true’:wink: { ?>

<?php if ( !bp_is_register_page() && !bp_is_activation_page() ) { ?>

<?php } ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<?php } */ ?>

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.