Socket Timeout – Cannot Find Root Cause

Preexisting to my subscription to WPMUDEV, I have been having reoccurring problems with slow load time and delivery of client websites as well as timeouts on the server causing the website to go down on certain times throughout the day. Hosting company is useless because by the time I get someone on the phone the site has already come back up (in 10-15 minutes of being on hold, site down for 10-30 minutes). So I decided to fork out the money and try this plugin out. I would be beyond grateful if someone from WPMUDEV could help me find a resolution on this issue!!!

I have already added a line of code to increase the PHP memory limit to 64 M in the WP-CONFIG file. I have researched and just don’t know what to do at this point.

I’m a college student trying to grow a business. Any help or educated suggestions are appreciated and helpful.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Kris

Actually, 64M is very low memory limit for a wordpress site. According to your description, it seems you need at least 512M to stay on the safer side. I am not sure if your hosting allows you to use 512M, and if they don’t then adding the line on wp-config.php won’t help. So, confirm with your host, edit 64 to at least 256M but 512 is better.

Another reason could be your site is making too large queries and the DB server can’t take the load so it crashes. To be sure, ask your host to check the log of database server and see if there is any downtime. They should be able to find our from the log.

Also, if you want I can move your ticket to the members forum so that other members can make some suggestions too.

Please let me know if you want me to move. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.