Solution for the German market?

Hi There,

With interest I am reading into the world of WHMCS. As it is totally new to me I am overwhelmed with all the information and can't really judge, if WHMCS is the right solution for me to overcome the limits of Pro Sites for the German market.

is there anybody out there who might have experiences here in Germany?
- Are there payment service providers managing recurring payments?
- Are there registrars which would enable me to sell domains?
- Are there people who could help me with installation and configuration? (All related websites were outdated :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance
Tee

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Tee.

- Are there payment service providers managing recurring payments?

With WHMCS you can set X days before renewal is due to send out an invoice. Then payment reminders. If the bill is not paid you can add a late fee and then finally have the system automate closure of their website.

That works whether using recurring payments or not.

I believe the issue with recurring subscriptions, Paypal and Germany is unfortunately something which affects many. I know Dropbox (if you are familiar with them) has had issues the same.

WHMCS does provide a ton of different payment gateways, you can find those here:

http://www.whmcs.com/features/supported-modules/

Under the Payement Gateways tab. You could check some of those out, some maybe German I'm sure.

- Are there registrars which would enable me to sell domains?

I don't know why registrars would prevent you from signing up, have you had issues there?

If so what was happening?

- Are there people who could help me with installation and configuration? (All related websites were outdated :slight_smile:

There are, costs will vary depending on who you get. You can post your jobs in our jobs board:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Make sure you have references for the person/company applying. Or you are familiar with their work. Keep in mind you are essentially giving them access to something which will contain client names, addresses, billing info and depending on gateway used credit card info as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Take care.

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

hi Timothy,
    Thank you very much for this comprehensive answer! here are my remarks:

With WHMCS you can set X days before renewal is due to send out an invoice. Then payment reminders. If the bill is not paid you can add a late fee and then finally have the system automate closure of their website.

That looks like the perfect solution for me :slight_smile:

I don't know why registrars would prevent you from signing up, have you had issues there?

I didn't have the time yet to check if there is a registrar selling de-Domains

Again: Thank you!
    Tee

• Kevin
    • Flash Drive

@Tee

Servous

You might want to check though where the data is being held because you could get in to some trouble with the German Datenschutz

The client info has to be stored within Germany (also EU depending on the data)

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Tee.

Yeah you can sell .de domains are possible depending on the company you go for. :slight_smile:

Hey Rob

You might want to check though where the data is being held because you could get in to some trouble with the German Datenschutz
    The client info has to be stored within Germany (also EU depending on the data)

Are you referring to recurring payment information? Or something else like all of the clients information?

Whats the EU ruling you refer to, I'd be interested to read that from a credible source. All my own servers are in Europe so I'm good but still interested. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi everybody, thanks for your replies!
    From what I understand this is a very promising platform which I will know further investigate for functionalities and German Datenschutz conform usage :slight_smile:

One last question: Do I understand correctly, that this plugin is replacing Pro Sites or is it an add-on?

Cheers
    Thorsten

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

One last question: Do I understand correctly, that this plugin is replacing Pro Sites or is it an add-on?

Nah it won't replace Pro Sites :slight_smile:

Pro Sites is great at what it does, but there is a demand WHMCS and WordPress.

And both are rather different.

Later WHMCS Provisioning will be able to assign a Pro Site level so you could offer premium themes and plugins as well direct from WHMCS. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Lorange
    • The Incredible Code Injector

WHMCS Provisioning will be able to assign a Pro Site level so you could offer premium themes and plugins as well direct from WHMCS. :slight_smile:

This sounds terrific!! I hope this will come very soon :slight_smile:

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Guys,

Sorry for still being confused but I am entering the WordPress Hosting idea from the business and not from the technical side. Maybe I am outing me as a fool (or documenting my limited English language skills) but the WHMCS website and even wpmudev are not making it easy for a new-be like me to understand what component is exactly doing what or why would I need both for what I would like to achieve.

For the time being I am using Pro Sites to manage my different service levels and it does it perfectly well. The only problem I have is the lack of a proper payment gateway working in Germany. Therefore I need a substitute/supplement allowing me to grow my business.

You can read that 'WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control'. But why I then still need Pro Sites is still unclear to me.

For both services you need to build up a deep understanding to only judge what you need what for. That is very time consuming. There is no 101 on building up a managed WordPress hosting service explaining what components you need when you want to execute your business model and automate payments (in Germany) - at least I couldn't find it :slight_smile:.

But maybe I am expecting too much as we obviously have a very special market here in Germany where Paypal can't automate payments and the privacy policy is doing its part (Not to talk about online shops, but that is another story). Or shall I except all that as a first mover advantage? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tee

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

You can read that 'WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control'. But why I then still need Pro Sites is still unclear to me.

Currently you would not need both.

Later when when we integrate then WHMCS will handle all the billing, invoicing, customer support, etc. Pro Sites will continue to handle the themes and plugins restrictions.

But for now, neither have any interaction, they are both very different although still capable of working along side each other (just not integrated).

But maybe I am expecting too much as we obviously have a very special market here in Germany where Paypal can't automate payments and the privacy policy is doing its part (Not to talk about online shops, but that is another story). Or shall I except all that as a first mover advantage? :slight_smile:

WPMUDev has issue when German customers signup because our system attempts to have Paypal set up a recurring subscription which is not possible.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.