We want to build a WPMU network and would like to hear suggestions from the experts on the board.
First of all, thank you for your time stopping by.
1. each sub-site will have its own store and share the revenue with the main site by % using the chained payment. I know this can be done with MarketPress.
2. sub-site owner need to apply and get approved.
The following three requirements probably hit the shortage end of WP.
3. set up two distinct set of newsletter groups: one group is the sub-site owners/sellers, the other group is all the shoppers on all sub-sites. Each one of the two newsletter groups maintain its own distinct list. Members on one list can not see the other list's newsletter even they log in to backend. One of the two groups (shoppers) will have some sub-lists for the members to subscribe or unsubscribe after they login to WordPress. After the members manage newsletter subscription (choosing the sub-lists), this subscription will be sent to mailchimp, and mailchimp sends the newsletter out for each group/sub-list.
4. members in each of the 2 groups will have its own different sets of profile fields and members can login to update.
5. When buyers checked out, she/he is required to login or create an account first. When she/he creates a new account for the first time, she/he is automatically subscribed to the general buyer's email newsletter list. She/he can log in later to WP to manage the subscriptions, such as add/remove the general buyers' newsletter, and all sub-list newsletter, etc. The subscription update should be sent to mailchimp once the member click "update subscription" button everytime.
Can I do all that listed above with WPMU? Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.