Some Advanced Actions on Add to Cart and Checkout

Hello,
My team and I, are doing a pretty big customization to a MarketPress installation.

Currently I have to do two things.

1st. Everytime I add a product to cart, I need to attach a custom info, even if I add to cart two products of the same one. What means qty will be 2, but I need specific data for each one.

2nd. I need to perform some action when user finish the checkout, generate some files that I don't want to generate it until the checkout is finished to save some server resources.

I know this needs some custom code, but my question is if there is someway to do this without modifing MarketPress code, so I can update everytime MarketPress is updated.
From what I see in the code, the answer is no, but I'm hopeful.

Thanks for your help!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

Thank you for letting us know your need to have custom code written for you preferably outside of Market Press plugin but at the same time integrating with it to some degree.

One resource that is always open to you to see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right away.

It is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

I know this needs some custom code, but my question is if there is someway to do this without modifing MarketPress code, so I can update everytime MarketPress is updated.
    From what I see in the code, the answer is no, but I'm hopeful.

This question is reserved for the custom coder. If you want to update every time Market Press updates simply permission the custom file 444 read only then FTP the update to the server. This way the custom code file is not over written.

However, you should still compare the two files form the update to the custom file to see if any new updates have been added to that particular file and apply as applicable.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.