Some answers have disappeared from the courses in CoursePress Plugin

A few days ago the answers to questions of the courses have disappeared except those that are to upload a file. What could be the problem and how can I recover the answers?

Thank you

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey @Hope Media, hope you're well today!

Do you remember what was the last thing you did before this happened? Is this the first time this is happening and can you reproduce this issue?

Also could you grant support access and would you mind me do some testing to try to figure out this for you?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Hope Media,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I've been taking a look at all your sites and everything looks good settings wise etc.

Can you explain a bit more about what happened, was it after the 4.0.1 upgrade that you noticed the issues? Is is answers submitted by students that have gone missing or answers that you've added to the courses?

Do you have a database backup?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Hope Media,

I have to check whether the student responses are there in the database and not displaying in the admin area due to unknown reason therefore would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details
    - Include cPanel details (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)

I have backups of the database but it is from all the multisite.

How have you taken the backup?

Is it possible for you to create a test multisite and import the backup of the database there and then create a backup by exporting the site from this test multisite where you are facing the issue so that you can import it to your live site?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Hope Media,

Only the answers/responses submitted by students disappeared from the courses so i think we can merge it from your SQL dump to your current database.

I need to check where in the database the answers/responses submitted by students are stored and whether there are any relationships of this data with the other stored plugin data so that we can restore it but it will certainly take some time to figure it out therefore in an effort of expediency I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his valuable insight into this plugin for his advise for us.

I have notified the developer and he will reply here shortly.

Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.