Some bugs for Easy Blogging v3.0.2

For VeBailovity,

I see that you are having a new version almost ready. There are of issues I found as well and you could probably include on next release.
1. On the Easy Blogging side panel there is no link for Dashboard. I think it is quite essential to have one. When we activate Easy Blogging we are immediately taken to the Dashboard. This is really nice since by using other plugins as well as Easy Blogging itself (Dashboard widget) we have custom made widgets appear there. Unfortunately, once we click away from it, it is gone forever. The only way to find the Dashboard on the Easy Blogging mode is by exiting EB mode and activating it back again. This is especially inconvenient when we force easy mode on EB. As a subscriber you only get to see your profile. Very confusing.
2. There must be some kind of an issue with the cookies.
I enter the site as user testsub --> subscriber. I activate EB mode. I exit the site. I subscribe again (on the same computer) as testad --> admin. EB mode is still activated although as an admin my dashboard was not set on EB mode.
3. Please have a look on the attachment. As you can see the text on Ext Easy Mode as well as Log Out is to the far right.

Good luck with the new version.

Thanks

DavidM

Hi marikamitsos,

Many thanks for your detailed feedback! Wanting to be sure we could replicate these, I just went through and checked out these items and am noticing the same.

Just to check though, on your 2nd item, have you noticed the Easy Mode being consistently on/off for the same account? Meaning you have Easy Mode off and logout, then log back in and it's still off?

Thanks,
    David

marikamitsos

@ David
    I have two test accounts. testsub (with EB activated) and testad (EB is DEactived for this one). There is also the super-admin (yours truly) with EB DEactivated as well.

Procedure (all on the same mac):
    I log-in as testsub and EB is activated. I move around the back-end, leave it activated and log-out. Move around the site.
    I log-in as testad anb EB is activated as well; it shouldn't be. I move around and EB remains activated. I DEactivate EB. move around (the browser cache should have changed). I log-out
    I log-in once more as testsub (remember we left him with EB activated) only to find that EB is DEactivated. !!!!

I think that cookies should be user related and in this case they don't seem to be. It feels like going on gmail and reading the previous user emails.

marikamitsos

About EB and Pro Sites. Something completely different I just came across is this.

I have Pro-Sites enabled, as well as EB. For my Pro-Sites I have 3 levels (bronze, silver, gold).
    I now have three test sites: freesite, silversite and goldsite.

1. I log-in on the free-site and activate EB. On the left I see the icon for Supporter(????). By now it should say Pro Sites or even better should pick up the name WE gave from the Pro Sites settings page. And Premium plugins and Premium Themes (or whatever we call them and if activated) are gone. Same goes for Premium Support. Anyway...
    I click on the Supporter icon and it redirects to wp-admin/supporter.php (!!!!). Of course that is nowhere to be found. It should redirect to admin.php?page=psts=checkout. Or....

I know that Ve is aware of this as he mentions on this post. Still for those that may try to use the attached file it wont work. Everything has changed by again now.

2. I logout and log-in testsilver and activate EB. Now even the Supporter icon is gone. So, someone who has already registered for a level will never be reminded again to upgrade to a higher one (gold).
    On this issue, I think the Pro Site reminder should stay there somehow till someone has upgraded to the top level.

Thanks again.

Vladislav

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The latest plugin release (v3.0.3, just released) has some of the things mentioned in this thread incorporated. Namely, we have a new item in the menu that leads to your Dashboard. Also, excessive whitespace in menu tips is now trimmed.

Another new thing is a native Pro Sites integration. The old mu-plugins from the other thread were intended for the Pro Blogs (Beta), and things have changed a bit for the official release. The new integrated support will work with both (as well as with the old Supporter framework, which is now deprecated), whatever you happen to have installed on your system.

Lastly, as for the cookies problem, I understand what's happening and how it's not what we want. However, that's different from the behavior on my installs, so I wasn't able to recreate it (yet). Some more info would be very helpful: are you using a single or multisite WordPress install, do you have a domain mapping plugin, do you have start page hijacking active (in Easy Blogging settings), and are you forcing Easy mode on any of the roles? Also, if you are, what is your role threshold setting and what are the roles of your test users?

marikamitsos

Hi Ve and thanks for the new release.

Really great of you to incorporate the dashboard.
    and NO excessive whitespace in menu tips.

First my setup (in addition to the for-mentioned) as requested:
    multisite wordpress 3.2.1
    wpmudev domain mapping v3;0;5 NOT activated for the test sites though.
    Show help and screen options YES
    Show Easy Bar YES
    Force "Easy" mode for user with this role and below NO
    Hijack start page for new users NO
    Always show logout link YES
    Dashboard widget YES
    Show "Right Now" in Dashboard YES
    Enable Wizard YES
    Show Tooltips YES

Now for the test run:

The new integrated support will work with both (as well as with the old Supporter framework, which is now deprecated), whatever you happen to have installed on your system.

I tried the eb-2-pro in the mu-plugins, one at a time, but they would not appear on the sidebar.

Tooltips and Help:
    Also, please have a look on the screen shot on how the tooltips appear.

Wizard mode:
    It momentary shows up the dashboard and then goes to "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page". Although logged-in as admin.
    Now if you are fast enough and click at one of the links there, you get a screen like this:

Pro Sites:

I think the Pro Site reminder should stay there somehow till someone has upgraded to the top level.

Still the same.

Cookies issues:
    With "Force Easy mode for user with this role and below --> NO", easy blogging will NOT stick. I mean after logging out (having EB activated) when logged back in (under the same account) EB is DE-activated. Not good.

MY POSTS - MY PAGES
    I find the wording is misleading. I think it should read ALL POSTS - ALL PAGES. After all, contributors and authors do not only see their posts but other peoples posts as well. As for admins - editors they can edit others' posts as well but they too get to find there all posts.

I hope you have enough info. Please let me know if you want something else.
    And thanks again.

Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil