Some CSS doubts about the Network Theme

Hello guys!

I need to completely change some parts of this theme´s layout. Somethings I changed but other things I did not.

Well, for now my douts are the following:

1 - I increased the search field width, but the part that you insert the what you want to search keeps the same width... How can I let this part the same width of the entire search field? I´m using google chrome´s inspect element tool, I tried to change everything I could, but no success.

2 - In the user´s wall I changed the user´s avatar from right to left, now I´m trying to put the main user menu (Activity, Profile, Messages, friends..) to below the avatar... But as you can see, no success... Is there a way to me to do that?

3 - The modification I did on the entire header is breaking when I reduce the size of the browser, how can I make it fixed?

For you to see all the things I did, I created a user for you:
User: testeebazares1
pass: wpmudev

Could someone please log-in to see the situation I described above?

Thanks Guys

Derek

aecnu

Greetings Derek,

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention but custom coding is beyond the scope of the support we provide here for now though from my understanding it is coming soon.

With that said, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

aecnu

Greetings Derek,

Thank you for your feedback which is certainly appreciated and I have mentioned that in my post above that I have flagged the lead developer to try to get some help.

Regarding your interpretation of custom coding in the link to custom coding in my prior post my then Boss was very specific, and I quote:

Think of support as helping you implement our product in any of the ways it's meant to "out of the box". Custom work would be anything additional that the plugin doesn't do by default.

This is obviously anything additional that the plugin doesn't do by default.

Are the changes you want to make, no matter how small other then those that the theme does by default - if the answer is yes which it obviously is - it is indeed custom coding.

With that said I do want to bring to your attention that the support team is not comprised of coders though as required we are comprised of those who are familiar with our plugins.

Regarding css coding and trying to assist further, with simple code edits which only take a few moments to find and change we can offer some assistance or at least direction to where you need to be looking.

So, let me start with some tutorial links first. This should help you to understand Firebug and Chrome Developer tools:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easily-edit-your-wordpress-theme-with-google-chrome-developer-tools/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/customizing-your-wordpress-theme-using-firebug/

They will get you started with learning those tools should you so desire.

Furthermore if you want to dig deeper then the above check out:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Those should get you going on fixing up the items you are wanting to code.

Let me know how it goes and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe