some features stopped working after I updated plugins to wordpress

Hi:
some features stopped working after I updated plugins to wordpress, Members of my site are no longer able to reply to one another's post, for example .. if a member posts a kool video or pic, there is no way to reply to it, the reply button takes you to the top of the page and thats it! ... also the site will no longer allow members to join or create groups.
I have no idea where to start in order to fix this problem. the site is petchatty.com

• DavidM

Hi petchatty and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Could you let us know what version of WordPress you updated from and what version you upgraded to (perhaps the latest version 3.2.1)?

I can see you're using BuddyPress, so I'm wondering, did you just update to BuddyPress 1.5 also?

If so, the issue you're experiencing may be due to the differences in that newer version and possibly due to plugins conflicting.

The best place to start in this case may very well be to deactivate your BuddyPress plugins and see if everything works well in that circumstance.

Could you let us know how that works for you?

Thanks,
    David

• petchatty

Hi David:

I’m still having problems with my site.
    I wonder if there is a way to restore petchatty.com to an earlier point. I haven’t made any desired changes to the site since all those updates which caused the problems on 9-22-2011. Could the restore feature be found within my FTP Accounts files? Is there a chance that you could email me instructions on how to restore my site to an earlier date?

Thank you
    Frank

• Mason

Hiya Frank,

We can't really see the issue without a link, but as David mentioned you really need to be running the lastest versions of WordPress, BuddyPress, and this plugin in order or everything to work well.

Rolling back your site to an earlier version will only be possible if you've been making backups (something we always recommend anyway). Otherwise, you have nothing to roll back to, but you could also download the old versions of these products and try that. I wouldn't recommend doing so as the latest versions are more secure, but it is one option.

Hope this helps. If you need anything further, feel free to re-open and we'll continue to troubleshoot with ya.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.