Some images not showing on website since installing WP Smush

I had someone on live chat helping me with this issue but the connection was lost and now there is a long wait. I installed WP Smush last night and starting running it to smush a whole heap of images on my site. I then noticed this morning that a lot of the images on the site are not showing, including the logo which is supposed to show up in the middle of the navigation bar, the instagram feed, and all the images used by the Awesome Gallery plugin to display on the Home page and the 'Work' page.

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

• Jordan

Hello Aleisha,

From your description it sounds like there might be a plugin conflict as WP-Smush wouldn't have smushed your Instagram photos as that's offsite content and not editable by your site.

While you wait for a staff member to intervene try and give some these instructions a go, there's a helpful flowchart to aid you too.

Hopefully by following them instructions you are able to fix the issue or at least eliminate a few possibilities! :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

• Nahid

Hey Aleisha !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Nahid here, following up from our last Live Chat session. Just responding here to state that we had discovered the cause of the issue in our chat session. It was a conflict between the site (a theme/a different plugin) and the Sumo Me plugin, deactivating which brought the images back to the expected state. We have suggested to get in touch with the conflicting plugin's authors reporting the issue.

For further cases alike this one, please note that we are really keen on keeping an issue specific to the ticket or chat only as arising the same query in multiple places doubles up the efforts of Support team and winds up slowing things down for other members. We really appreciate your consideration regarding this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.