Some images not showing up on front-end and in the media library

I migrated a site to the hub hosting and some of the media files won't show either on the front or back-end of the website. The pictures are all at the same folders in wp-content.
In the media library I only see images added since Aug 8th.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Spotstone Agency

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and there are indeed lots of images that are on the server but are not showing up in Media Library. These images, however, are also not in the database - there's no trace of them there at all, like they were added directly to the server via FTP only.

I understand that they were showing up fine in Media LIbrary and on site before migration so can you tell me please how the site was migrated?

Only images are missing or also e.g. some posts/pages/user accounts or other content? Do you still have access to original server or, at least, full backup taken at the old host?

Let me know please (note: please do not post any access credentials here; I'll ask you for them if necessary).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Spotstone Agency
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

the /upload Folder was transferred to the neu Server and the Content was imported via XML WordPress Import.
    The rest of the content (authors, posts etc.) ist there.
    The old host is a local host. The Browser was pointed to the IP Adress via Terminal.

Best

Emmanuel

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Emmanuel,

Was your localhost site a Multisite?
    The site on the WPMU DEV Hosting is Single site, however, by looking on URLs of the path of the missing image suggest they were from a subsite in the Multisite (/uploads/sites/2/).
    And I checked upload directory on the WPMU DEV site and there is no directory "sites".

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.