Some minor remarks

Hi There!

Just installed the new version of Forums and it seems to work well!
Some minor questions/remarks:
- Shown months are not translatable
- I tried to change the button to match my Theme but I failed as I didn't find the right ID :slight_frown: (I am not a programmer though :grinning:
- It would be better, if instead of the username the public name would be shown

Thanks!
Tee

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tee

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team! Thank you for using the Forums Plugin and your feedback. I will answer your questions/ remarks one at a time:

1. With regards to the months that you're not able to translate, I will ask the Developer for feedback on this.

2. For the button that you would like to change, please send me a screenshot of the current look and also what theme you're using.

3. Thank you for the feature request / suggestion regarding displaying public names instead of user names. The Plugin is under active development, so we always welcome feedback from our Users. I will pass it on to the Developer.

I look forward to receive your feedback with regards to Point No 2 and will ask the Developer to pass by and assist with Point No 1.

Have a great day.

GinaB

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi Tee,

Try adding the following to your theme's stylesheet. It should ensure all buttons get the same styling as your theme.

input[type="button"], input[type="submit"], button {
    background:url("../images/shape_button.png") repeat-x scroll 0 100% #00A0C6;
    color:#fff;
    height:30px;
    padding:0 15px;
    border-radius:2px;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px;
    box-shadow:none;
    -moz-box-shadow:none;
    -webkit-box-shadow:none;
    }
    input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover, button:hover {
    background:#171514;
    }

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tee

This is the CSS that is used for the desired button.

/wp-content/themes/breath/css/main.css

.breath_button_clean {
        background: url("../images/bg_button_clean.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent;
        border: 0 none;
        border-radius: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
        color: #FFFFFF;
        display: block;
        font-size: 14px;
        height: 15px;
        margin: 0 auto 20px;
        padding: 15px 0 !important;
        text-align: center;
        text-decoration: none;
    }
    .breath_button_clean:hover {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #211E1C;
        text-decoration: none;
    }

This is the CSS code that is used on the CSS files for the button that you would like to replace.

[Edit: excess code removed]

Now you just need to play with the desired CSS style and see if you can get it changed. I think this would resolve the issue for you.

Happy styling!

Have a good day.

Gina

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Gina
    The styles provided simple replicate the button styling of his theme, copied from Firebug. Glad Mason liked it though! :slight_smile:

@Tee
    Let us know if it works out for you. If not, we'll try to help you through it. I must add though, I'm on a maddening slow dial-up connection in the country this weekend, so it might take a while for me to post anything :wink:

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Just to be clear:

This is simply an easier way to add @pcwriter's code to your style.php file.

Go to line 164 and change that line with this code:

.entry-content input[type="submit"], #ns_widget_mailchimp_form-2 .button, .alt_btn, .button-primary

Same thing as @pcwriter, just a different approach ;D

Have a good day, everyone!

Gina

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi, long time, now speak. Sorry, but the forum is on priority list not the hottest topic:

Shown months are not translatable
    They should be customizable via Settings -> General -> Date Format .

Unfortunately not. The Format is correct but the Month is spelt in English not in German

It would be better, if instead of the username the public name would be shown
    Fixed in 2.0.0 :slight_smile:

Great!

I've just noticed that there is a new version, but I don't see an update notification??

Still didn't take care about the bottom design :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Thorsten

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.