Some of my sites are coming up with a 500 error

on our main site wall.st-raymond.org we have 4 additional sites connected to it. (2) of which I am not able to access on the admin side, when I his dashboard it comes up with a 500 error. The site for example Youth Ministry comes up when you click on the tab directly from the web. The sites that I can't get access to from the Admin panel are Youth Ministry and Friday Flyer

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Roberta ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

I would ask you to enable WordPress debugging by pasting the following in your wp-config.php:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Then please navigate to the sites that give the 500 errors. WordPress should generate some helpful information in wp-content/debug.log.

Please then paste the contents here or upload the file altogether (the wp-content/debug.log file).

Hopefully, this will give us an idea of what is causing the issue.

Thank you and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Roberta ,

You will have to create an FTP account (https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/ftpaccounts) and login to your FTP account through an FTP client like Filezilla (https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/264).

If you ask your host, I believe they will provide directions as well.

An alternative to that would be using the built-in File manager, which you can find in your control panel - https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/file_manager

After connecting to your server through FTP / file manager, you will you need to navigate to the root folder of your site.

Look for a file called wp-config.php.

In case you are lost, you can ask your hosting provider.

Then you need to edit that file and paste the aforementioned code above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */. Save the file.

After that navigate to the sites that give you 500 errors and you should have recorded some errors in your wp-content/debug.log. The full path should be root site folder/wp-content/debug.log.

Please paste the contents of that file here.

Thank you and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Roberta

Notice: add_shortcode was called incorrectly. Invalid shortcode name: Empty name given. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3901

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method Genesis_Tabs::init() should not be called statically in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in ConstantContactWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3722

Notice: add_shortcode was called incorrectly. Invalid shortcode name: Constant Contact. Do not use spaces or reserved characters: & / < > [ ] = Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3901

Notice: add_shortcode was called incorrectly. Invalid shortcode name: constant contact. Do not use spaces or reserved characters: & / < > [ ] = Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3901

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Genesis_Featured_Widget_Amplified is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in WordPress_Pro_Post_Tabs_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method Genesis_Tabs::register_widget() should not be called statically in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

Notice: add_shortcode was called incorrectly. Invalid shortcode name: flickr video. Do not use spaces or reserved characters: & / < > [ ] = Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3901

Fatal error: Call to undefined function genesis_register_sidebar() in /home1/straymo2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/genesis-widgetized-archive/includes/gwat-widget-areas.php on line 59

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Roberta ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

Thank you for sharing your error log. I saw errors from Genesis Widgetized Archive plugin, so I took the liberty of disabling it and now the sites are accessible.

Please update everything to the latest versions, try enabling the plugin again and if the issue persists, you might have to decide whether you want to use it or not.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.