Some of the appointements reserved by Google Calendar still available for booking

I have an appointment in my Google Calendar on the 8th March 12:00, it's listed under the Reserved by gCal list in Appointments, but the slot is still available for booking. I have a lot of other appointments, even on the same day (8th March), which are synced and works fine (not available for booking).

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello JazzyDan

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for your patience while we were looking into this issue.

I have checked this and have confirmed it on your site, however I was unable to find the real reason why this happened because other events/appointments seem to be working fine. I have also taken some time to check the code that imports from Google Calendar, unfortunately I couldn't find any possible bugs there.

The last place we can look for clues is in the database to see how this mysterious entry is stored in the database compared to others. In order for us to be able to do this, we will need access to the database so that we can check how the data is stored there, maybe we will be able to find out why.

Please send us your database login details via our secure contact form, choose "I have a different question" then add "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" in the subject and in the Message include:

- phpMyAdmin Login (login url, database username and password) OR
    - cPanel login details (login url, username and password) - with this we will be able to access the database

Once we have this we will check the database and see if we can find any clues as to why this happened. Also since importing the events/appointments again from Google Calendar may be inconvenient, marking the slot as booked from the database may be the only option, otherwise if importing again will not cause any booking issues for you then I would advice you to do so so that we can see if this will be replicated or not.

Please note that importing the events again will delete some that have been deleted from the source, so please do not do this if you want to keep all the appointments even if they were deleted from the source.

I hope to here back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi JazzyDan

Hope you're fine today!

You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question. Please, use the template provided by Lindeni Mahlalela

Please send us your database login details via our secure contact form, choose "I have a different question" then add "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" in the subject and in the Message include:

- phpMyAdmin Login (login url, database username and password) OR
    - cPanel login details (login url, username and password) - with this we will be able to access the database

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello JazzyDan

I hope you are great today. Thank you for sending in the login information.

I was able to access your hosting account but unfortunately the database in your wp-config.php is not listed in the Databases on the hosting account you shared, also the database host that the website connects to is different from the ones in the hosting account you shared. As a result I am unable to check the database relating to the website related to this issue because the database seems to be on a different host.

I think the database is on a different account or package. It could be a result of a migration or change of packages or a manual change of database settings in the WordPress config file. Could you please double check the database connection details in your WordPress config and then provide the login details to the hosting control panel related to that account so we can check this again. Please remember to share the login via our secure contact form as you did before.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello JazzyDan

I hope you are doing great. Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why this could happen and I am not familiar with 1and1 hosting control panel but I have also asked one of my colleagues who has an account with 1and 1 hosting to check on their account. It looks consistent on his account, what's on the website config is also in the control panel. The only thought we have is that maybe the website was migrated from one account to another or the database login details were changed manually to point to another hosting package.

Did you at some point switch between packages or migrated the site? I am not sure why this could happen. If you are also unsure then it might be a good idea to contact your host to get their valuable input on this.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello JazzyDan

Thank you for the feedback. In that case could you please contact your host and ask for their valuable input regarding this. There is nothing much we can do without access to the correct database. I have also tried to login using MySQL Workbench and it denied access so we need to have access via the hosting account's phpMyAdmin.

I hope to heat back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello @JazzyDan

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for resolving the database access issue and sorry for the empty message above, I accidentally posted it.

I have accessed the database linked to the website and found something that could potentially be a very big source of issues. I have found that the appointments that have the reported issue have overlapping times, this could make Appointments+ unable to determine if the slot is available or not.

I have checked the Google Calendar Importer code in Appointments+, it only imports the events as they are from Google Calendar without checking for time conflicts/clashes. This means, if two or more events are overlapping (one starts before the end of the previous) then Appointments will not fix those time slots because that will further cause issues as the events on Google Calendar will have different time slots than those in Appointments+ and syncing those two will be even more problematic once the corrections have been made.

At this point, it is hard to fix this on our side. It seems you will have to try and double check the time slots and confirm with the customers who made those bookings, unless you have staff to handle different bookings.

On the page "Appointments > Settings" under the "Add-ons" tab, there is an addon named "Durations", when this addon is active it will allow you to choose how the time slots are calculated and restricted so that. This could also help in avoiding the overlaps seen in the database. If you wish to try this I suggest you backup the database first to avoid any further issues. I am also not sure what effects it will make to existing timeslots because there are already issues.

Once you have the Durations addon active, you may find the options in "Appointments > Settings > General" at the bottom and you may want to consider the options "Boundaries detection" option which has the "Detect overlap" option, I think in the future you may find this useful.

For now, I suggest you try the durations addon and see if it makes the restrictions in the front end to avoid booking the same time slot. Also, if possible, try to access your database and fix the overlaps if that is necessary but I believe that the Durations addon will make it not possible to book the same time slot if it is already booked. Before you activate the addon please make sure you have a backup of your database then activate and test.

I hope all this makes sense. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist in any way possible.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.