Some of the plugins appear real weird in admin

Hi

In my admin your plugins look weird (see attached file).
WP Smush, Hummingbird, and WMU dev dashboard (see attached file).
Defender looks ok

I'm running wordpress 4.6.1

Can you help me with that ?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Eleonore Bridge,

I hope you're having a beautiful day and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

It seems like a CSS/JS conflict under the admin pages...:thinking:
    Could you please proceed with a theme/plugin conflict test as described here in a nice flow chart?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ (just scroll down a bit to see the image)
    The concept here is to deactivate all other plugins apart from the affected ones, revert your theme to the default TwentySixteen and check again these pages. In case this is resolved, there's a conflict somewhere between the rest of the plugins/theme, so activate them back one-by-one and check again these pages until you get the distorted ones again and find the conflict combination.

In case this isn't resolved, please grant us with support access to your website to have a better look and we can keep up from there.
    Here's detailed information about granting us access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Eleonore!

Thanks for your replay!

I'm glad you are about to give our Upfront Builder a try. I would like to add however that the reason why Hummingbird may be causing these issues is of quite "general nature" so it may be still necessary - even with a theme built with our Upfront Builder - to tweak its settings.

The main culprit here would be the "Minification" feature of Hummingbird. It's a complex process and since every WP install is different (because of the theme, plugins, plugins' settings and server configuration) it's very difficult to automate settings of this feature.

Therefore, in case something like the issue in question happens, the course of action is to go to the "Hummingbird -> Minification" page and first disable the minification entirely and see if that helps. If it does. the "Minification" feature should be turned on and then files that seem (recognizing them by names - e.g. similar to the name of "broken" plugin or theme - is a good way to start with) to be affected should have "minify" toggle switched off "one by one" until the issue goes away. At some point you would end up with site fully functional with Hummingbird and its Minification feature enabled (thus giving a performance boost to the site).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.