Some pages can't be edited due to some requests to graph.facebook.com

Hi,

It seems for some pages (Coaching, Conferences and Meditaction) i can't edit them anymore with Visual Composer as I could and in bottom left page i can see it is loading infinitely requesting some kind of graph.facebook.com.

I know i am using some API or facebook features with WPMU and Ultimate facebook, so i ask you to check and to solve it if it is relevant.

For instance the edit feature is working fine for the page Biographie in Accueil, but all the other main pages are not edited.

I just granted access to your team to check that.
Thank you for your prompt support about it

Regards,
Olivier Guérin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Olivier,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I've checked your site and was able to activate VC editor on Coaching page but not on other two, however I didn't see graph.facebook.com loading, only thing I noticed is that there is js error in console caused by Revolution Slider when I try activating VC editor.

Can you try disabling Revolution slider, clearing cache and then disabling WP Super Cache, now see if you can enable VC editor and if there are any errors in console.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Olivier,

Can you tell me which page is in question now, maybe there is a different issue happening there?

Is it possible to fix this in a general way (working for all the site)?

Well, if the same solution didn't work on all pages it might be there is something else here that is conflicting with RevSlider and VC but if the conflict is between those two plugins it might be best contacting respective developers as they should be able to give you more info about that.

If you can tell me which page is having issues now I'll be happy to have another look.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Olivier

Hi Predrag,

The page in regards is in Meditaction section/menu : Pleine conscience en entreprise.

I got another site with same theme that includes Revolution Slider and VC and even with the last updates I dont have any issue to edit the pages.

On the actual site olivierguerin.ca, as I saw some issue with API facebook and only got it with WPMU i thought there was some tricky issue. So let see and thank you again for your prompt and accurate support. Very appreciated.
    Regards,
    Olivier

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Olivier,

I hope you're well today!

I took a liberty of accessing your site and testing it a bit. It seems that the Ultimate Facebook plugin is not an issue here because deactivating it doesn't change a thing. However, I've examined your site and I found out that these two scripts are giving a lot of errors:

"shortcodes_builder.js" and "custom_views.js"

These are JS scripts and both come from Visual Composer. I've checked if your Visual Composer version is up to date and it is. I've got a feeling though that despite of what the developers state ("Updates" log on Visual Composer description page) the plugin isn't fully compatible with WP 4.3. Apart from the errors mentioned there's another one suggesting that this is a main culprit here (a reference to a deprecated TinyMCE - it's a default WP post editor - "onNodeChange.add" API call).

That being said, since disabling and purging cache doesn't help here and there are those errors coming straight from Visual Composer, I think it could be helpful to contact Visual Composer developers (which is a premium plugin that should include support with a purchase).

Could you please try getting in touch with them and let me know about their answer?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.